The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

Huge credit to Munster Rugby to appoint Wig as manager. I've met him a few times and he is a seriously impressive guy. He has assembled a great management team and gives them huge credit for the success.

It took a lot of bravery to change our style and stick with it when it started badly.

The trip to SA was a master class - military precision preparation - took a long flight to Capetown between the 2 games and the players love it there. We saw how Glasgow couldn't cope with the Joburg conditions against 14 & 13 men. We managed it superbly.

We have two weeks to our next tie v Ulster and a week to the QF. (QF 8th June, SF 15th June, Final 22nd June)

My big concern is will Nankivell recover this season. We can afford to be without him for the QF but will, IMO, need him for the Semi on 15th June. 4 weeks from now. He's one of most important players.
Nankivell is crucial.
SOB will do the job there but he doesn't quite have that rapport with Frisch given he's spent most of his time on the wing this season.

Agreed on Rowntree, by all accounts he bought in immediately and it a sound fella. Glad it's working out for him.
Still not sold on Prendergast but the skills were obvious to see on Friday. I think that's Mossie Lawler's world isn't it?

The Munster attack and skill set are light years ahead of the Van Graan era.

The pack does lack a little bit of an edge if Beirne and Snyman are missing. Back then, you had Kleyn and Jenkins too, but fundamentally the front 5 haven't changed much besides adding a couple of years on to players well into their 30s.

There was a wanker chat directed at the ref too and he got dog's abuse leaving the pitch at full time.

They're all ex public schools boys too. They'd want to direct their anger at the SRU failing their schools and domestic leagues. Another Tuipoloutu is being brought over to play center next season. Their u20s are being battered every game.
That is absolutely on the money.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼