The Kerry Babies Case

I see there is still no file sent to the DPP in relation to this, I wonder what the delay is?
Even for the couple themselves, surely they would want to clear their names of any wrongdoing even if it is confirmed they are the parents.

I doubt there will ever be a prosecution in this but at this stage it should be brought to a conclusion, even if Baby John was given an identity and a full name and allowed to finally rest. The poor little thing has always been the forgotten victim in all of this

I see there is still no file sent to the DPP in relation to this, I wonder what the delay is?
Even for the couple themselves, surely they would want to clear their names of any wrongdoing even if it is confirmed they are the parents.

I doubt there will ever be a prosecution in this but at this stage it should be brought to a conclusion, even if Baby John was given an identity and a full name and allowed to finally rest. The poor little thing has always been the forgotten victim in all of this
Horrific what happened that child. Depressing reading.

Whoever did it should have died roaring and anyone living with knowing who did it or being close to it are evil bastards being able to sleep knowing what happened to the kid.

Is there a cover up still going on or what?

Whoever did it should have died roaring and anyone living with knowing who did it or being close to it are evil bastards being able to sleep knowing what happened to the kid.

Depends on the circumstances perhaps.
Many different scenarios possible.
I don’t know if there is a statute of limitations for any offense committed, that’s if there was an offense committed by the mother, father or wider network.
What happened to the Hayes family has possibly nothing to do criminally with John’s family. Morally a different story all together.

It’s a heartbreaking story, and I do feel for the parents of this child because no matter what the circumstances were it can only have been a horrific experience - their little boy was murdered after all.

Joanne Hayes and her family were threatened into making false confessions about the murder and I do wonder if something similar was levelled against the parents to cover up the real killer. They were both quite young at the time and I can’t imagine anybody with information being too forthcoming after what the Hayes family went through. It’s just a devastating tragedy really.

"The baby had been alive for up to five days when someone killed him. He was found naked, shoved between rocks with his tiny neck broken. There were 28 separate knife wounds on his body, most of them shallow, hesitation wounds, in which the knife was pulled back at the last second. Most were to the neck. The fatal wounds, inflicted when the knife was plunged four times into his heart, put an end to a tragically short life."

So the baby was alive for 5 days? I wasn't aware of that aspect of the case, 5 days of suffering before being murdered.

l think it’s very clear someone/people very close to Baby John killed him. They may no longer be with us.

What a terrible indictment of Irish society at the time that a child could bring so much shame on a couple just because it was born outside wedlock. It may destroy a family for the truth to come out but that poor boy deserves justice.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Route66

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼