The Kerry Babies Case

Can the suspects be required to give DNA samples. I understand from the Council ol' civil liberties that the right to privacy trumps everything else.

I think there was an initial attempt to hush it up maybe but once it was on the 'what's in the papers ' section of the following Fridays LLS it sparked huge interest. There was a huge outpouring of emotion about it, esp on Gay Byrnes radio show.

Iirc the father was her boyfriend of the time. There's a really good podcast on it but I can't remember who did it at the moment. If I remember I'll throw up a link.

The musician/artist Vicky Langan wrote a harrowing but great piece about discovering that her father, Richard McDonnell, was Ann Lovett's boyfriend.

Didn't RTE have that Detective Jerry o carroll on numerous times giving court. He was castigated in his handing of the Johanne Hayes case
I wonder if RTE are try to contact hime for a comment now.
At can some reporter give him a shout for a comment on latest developments

Didn't RTE have that Detective Jerry o carroll on numerous times giving court. He was castigated in his handing of the Johanne Hayes case
I wonder if RTE are try to contact hime for a comment now.
At can some reporter give him a shout for a comment on latest developments
The Heavy Gang who investigated murders in Ireland in the 70s/80s are long discredited..
some older Gardai in the force still see them as cult heroes as they investigated IRA activity and robberies and were given carte blanche by Irish governments at the time.

But how they got confessions out of innocent people like Nicky Kelly and the Hayes family still reverberates today.

I don't think so, maybe with a court order
If not given voluntarily, an order is required.
There was mass voluntary DNA screening carried out round Cahirciveen & Valentia a few years back.
DNA testing has gone through a major revolution is recent years and they are now solving cases that they couldn’t before under old methods.

You’d have to imagine the guards know exactly who it is now. This is just procedural now I suspect. The poor baby.

Some incredible US based crime programs show how unsolved murders and abandoned children from 40-50 years ago are now being solved through the most modern day DNA. “The Boy in the Box” is a famous one that’s relevant to Kerry case.

If not given voluntarily, an order is required.
There was mass voluntary DNA screening carried out round Cahirciveen & Valentia a few years back.
DNA testing has gone through a major revolution is recent years and they are now solving cases that they couldn’t before under old methods.

You’d have to imagine the guards know exactly who it is now. This is just procedural now I suspect. The poor baby.

Some incredible US based crime programs show how unsolved murders and abandoned children from 40-50 years ago are now being solved through the most modern day DNA. “The Boy in the Box” is a famous one that’s relevant to Kerry case.
Isn't it amazing the interest in 2 dead children in Kerry but there's very little about the almost 800 found in a cess pit in Tuam and God only knows how many in Bessboro and others like it. Looks like the good oul' Catlick Church still has a firm grip on things here.
BTW before any bollox jumps in to get stuck in me, I could have been one of those statistics.

Isn't it amazing the interest in 2 dead children in Kerry but there's very little about the almost 800 found in a cess pit in Tuam and God only knows how many in Bessboro and others like it. Looks like the good oul' Catlick Church still has a firm grip on things here.
BTW before any bollox jumps in to get stuck in me, I could have been one of those statistics.
You’re not wrong there.. in holy Catholic ireland the eradication of sin became more important that the well being of people, especially women and children.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼