The Hurling Thread

The penultimate round of the football league gets 80 minutes on Sports Sunday but the final round of the hurling league only gets 40 minutes. We really are the poor relation.

The penultimate round of the football league gets 80 minutes on Sports Sunday but the final round of the hurling league only gets 40 minutes. We really are the poor relation.
And what makes it even more galling is that the most viewed GAA game of 2024 so far has been Cork V Kilkenny surpassing all football games even Dublin football games. Up to yesterday it was the only live hurling game RTE had shown.

RTE giving the people what they want 😮

I can't understand the supine stance taken by GAA with RTE. Their coverage of hurling is disgraceful. Yesterday's Galway /Limerick game a good example of it. They missed several replays of incidents, good and bad, during the game. Even when canning remarked on lynchs glorious flick and pass they couldn't line up the replay. Same with a couple of nasty incidents,they missed them completely. Got the score line wrong at 15 all when it was 15 - 14 and canning endorsed this by telling us that we had a level game on our hands. The whole operation smacks of shoddiness and ah sure it's only the gaah. Raging sky pulled out giving these fuckers a monopoly. BBC coverage is light years ahead but they only do ulster.

KK V Lim in PuC next Saturday.

Looking at the comedy gold comments from some KK fans - you'd swear they've been sentenced to an expedition to the Arctic.
They live in terror of Dunkettle and the ferocious journey "to get to the other side of the river" that begins once you've survived it.
Ffs 🤣🤣 It's the Lee not the Amazon.
Don't know about the rest of you but getting to Croke Park and back is quite the journey, it's one I gladly take as it usually means a big game. It's part of being a supporter, so I really don't get these tools who seem to think you should be teleported to a ground.

Hope the powers that be don't give in to the whining this time.
chalk it down boy. There won't be many of em anyway. Christ its always the same. I remember one of the O Sés a few years back justifying the shocking Kerry crowds in PUIC saying'tis a terrible place to get in and out of'....fuckers have no problem getting in and out of cork when it's UCC or CUH or in many of the companies in Cork they're employed in. Had no problem in 70s and 80s either when it was one of the few big matches they had in the year. I remember in 2004 and the hurling qualifier in Killarney Cork fans were literally abandoning their cars miles outside Killarney things were so bad there.

So that's just the Kerry crowd. Unreal that KK are moaning about coming to Cork. shur it's only slightly further than Thurles for us going in the opposite direction. Some whinging there.

I can't understand the supine stance taken by GAA with RTE. Their coverage of hurling is disgraceful. Yesterday's Galway /Limerick game a good example of it. They missed several replays of incidents, good and bad, during the game. Even when canning remarked on lynchs glorious flick and pass they couldn't line up the replay. Same with a couple of nasty incidents,they missed them completely. Got the score line wrong at 15 all when it was 15 - 14 and canning endorsed this by telling us that we had a level game on our hands. The whole operation smacks of shoddiness and ah sure it's only the gaah. Raging sky pulled out giving these fuckers a monopoly. BBC coverage is light years ahead but they only do ulster.
Don't forget TG4. They're light years ahead too. Pity yesterday that because they were showing the colleges games they had no inter county.

chalk it down boy. There won't be many of em anyway. Christ its always the same. I remember one of the O Sés a few years back justifying the shocking Kerry crowds in PUIC saying'tis a terrible place to get in and out of'....fuckers have no problem getting in and out of cork when it's UCC or CUH or in many of the companies in Cork they're employed in. Had no problem in 70s and 80s either when it was one of the few big matches they had in the year. I remember in 2004 and the hurling qualifier in Killarney Cork fans were literally abandoning their cars miles outside Killarney things were so bad there.
Wo hoo breb, that's the spirit we need. ⛹️

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼