The Gaelic Football Thread

Kerry GAA Statement

The process of appointing the next Kerry Senior Football Manager has commenced.

The Kerry GAA Management Committee has appointed the following sub-committee who will revert with a recommendation at the earliest opportunity.

Tim Murphy (Chairperson)

Eamon Whelan (Vice Chairperson)

Peter Twiss (Secretary)

John O’ Leary (Munster Council Delegate)

Donal Daly (Kerry Games Manager)

No further comment will be made until this process has concluded.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0913/1246546-gpa-set-to-support-new-football-season-format/
That article is very light in detail. Anybody have any idea what this new format will look like?

skysports-gaa-proposal-a_5445719.jpg

skysports-gaa-proposal-b_5445721.jpg

https://www.skysports.com/gaa/gaeli...-proposals-ahead-of-the-gaas-special-congress

neither of them make sense - I blame sky.

16 teams down to 4 after 3 rounds of qualifiers breaks maths in the first one,

what happens to the team 6th in division 1 in the second one (are they out)?

neither of them make sense - I blame sky.

what happens to the team 6th in division 1 in the second one (are they out)?

Looks like that. I would put the top six in Division 1 into the quarters and leave two places for Division 2 and 3.

The teams that finish last and second last in the top division don't deserve to still be in the championship!!

Something has to be done - the provincial championships - apart from Ulster - are a farce.

Munster: Kerry win every year at a canter (ok, Cork surprise them one year in ten).

Leinster: no comment required

Connaught: They should scrap the preliminary rounds & just let Mayo & Galway play in the final.

Something has to be done - the provincial championships - apart from Ulster - are a farce.

Munster: Kerry win every year at a canter (ok, Cork surprise them one year in ten).

Leinster: no comment required

Connaught: They should scrap the preliminary rounds & just let Mayo & Galway play in the final.

Harsh on the Rossies there.
Bang on with the rest.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼