The County Board Complimentary Thread

casúr

I would actually disagree with Youghally here. People are sick of the Cork hurlers thread being a battle ground between pro strike and anti strike factions. And sick of the negativity of our Co board. So we need a thread like this to banish all the negativity.

Cork hurling at an all time high both underage & at senior level. Looks like the next 15 years won't be as bleak. I would even go as far as saying I'd be shocked if Liam McCarthy wasn't on Lee side within 2-3 years and many more imminently after.

We have the most modern stadium in the country and facilities only other counties could dream of.

I thought Frank carried himself well yesterday on RTE & the introduction to yesterday's live show was a fitting one to this proud GAA county.

I think history will be kind to Frank & his band of merry men :p

Cork hurling is the result of thousands of men and women giving their time and money to train children and promote the sport across the county in clubs and schools.

It's both a rewarding and thankless task.

But sure I'm positive that as those unpaid volunteers drag themselves out of bed this morning to set out cones on a rainy field, they'll say a prayer of thanks to Saint Frank.

Cork hurling is the result of thousands of men and women giving their time and money to train children and promote the sport across the county in clubs and schools.

But sure I'm positive that as those unpaid volunteers drag themselves out of bed this morning to set out cones on a rainy field, they'll say a prayer of thanks to Saint Frank.

The footballing folk may have been a bit surprised that St Frank wasn't up in Limerick supporting them though.
We'll hold off on the compliments until we see who the brains trust see fit to appoint as next football bainisteoir.

Check

I used to fish . . not anymore. The last 7 years of my life have been consumed by underage GAA. We probably have the most successful underage team in our clubs history because of the work we have put in the last 7 years.

Why do you say "But sure I'm positive that as those unpaid volunteers drag themselves out of bed this morning to set out cones on a rainy field"

It sounds like you are telling me the i'm not positive?

And listen, everybody knows that there's no training on a Sunday morning:p

I wonder how much Sideshow Bob is being paid as stadium manager?
The 44 year dictator decides to go on TV yesterday to soak up the applause of the media for his pet project yet would say fuck all to the media in the previous 10 years when Cork GAA was tearing itself apart while under his paid mentoring?
Fuck that... I'll not praise the cunt or his paid lackies..

Cork GAA was made great by Ring, by JBM, by Morgan and by all those who gave time and energy free of charge, not by those who are paid an undisclosed salary and hold onto the reins of power not because they are wanted but because they use rules, subterfuge and their cunning to stay at the top table and profit from it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼