The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Unless they're upping league games to €30 a pop there won't be a saving. What's the point? And if they do put league games at €30 how much will they have championship games at? The munster council had €20 for ONE junior football game on saturday. The GAA is losing the run of themselves IMO. All this take from GAA people to pay for statiticians and dieticians etc for the less than 1% of players.

Let em.

There will be no one at them.

The GAA is losing the run of themselves IMO. All this take from GAA people to pay for statiticians and dieticians etc for the less than 1% of players.

Does anyone know what the split from the tickets sales is? I am assuming that there is a split somewhere between different parties?

Does anyone know roughly how much goes back into the central Gaa, how much is for the Venue cost and then for provincials councils and each county?

The impending sale of the lands Kilbarry in the future should take a big chunk of the debt away but not all of it. Then the county board will be looking for land to develop a centre of excellence. This stadium is holding back the development of the centre of excellence in Cork unfortunately and impacting our teams and development of the GAA in Cork. 2005 senior hurling & 2010 senior football all irelands our last time sitting at the top of the table. We are in a famine and mismanagement of the construction of the stadium is the root of it.

The impending sale of the lands Kilbarry in the future should take a big chunk of the debt away but not all of it. Then the county board will be looking for land to develop a centre of excellence. This stadium is holding back the development of the centre of excellence in Cork unfortunately and impacting our teams and development of the GAA in Cork. 2005 senior hurling & 2010 senior football all irelands our last time sitting at the top of the table. We are in a famine and mismanagement of the construction of the stadium is the root of it.
I definitely feel a proper centre of excellence is needed in Cork. Somewhere central enough that's easy to get to without traffic being an issue.
I see Kerry are putting in 3 new pitches in their one.
One pitch will be full size 4G while another will be solely for ladies football/camogie use.
All will be floodlit. Impressive development.

It's a pity the current county board weren't there 10 years ago. I think we'd have something like that by now. They are now going to spend their time in office trying to figure out how to pay off the debt left behind for them to clean up

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼