The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Has the Douglas senior footballers result shown that for a team to be successful, the day of dual club players in Cork is over?

Douglas have very few players overlapping between there football & hurling team.

Lovely timed article from Co Board Chairmans home club in the Echo extolling the joys of still being involved on both fronts just in case anyone is starting to question/higlight the unfairness on dual clubs in the latter stages of the competitions when most clubs at that stage are down to one team competing...

Lovely timed article from Co Board Chairmans home club in the Echo extolling the joys of still being involved on both fronts just in case anyone is starting to question/higlight the unfairness on dual clubs in the latter stages of the competitions when most clubs at that stage are down to one team competing...

Who’s complaining? I’ve never heard any dual club who reach the latter stage of both codes competitions complain, the fixtures are set in stone and clubs get on with it, especially the successful dual clubs even though it hinders their preparation in comparison with one code clubs

Who’s complaining? I’ve never heard any dual club who reach the latter stage of both codes competitions complain, the fixtures are set in stone and clubs get on with it, especially the successful dual clubs even though it hinders their preparation in comparison with one code clubs

Agreed. Very strange take on it from the other poster.

The fixtures arent 'set in stone', afaik Bride Rovers game got moved back, Ballygarvans game got moved back. I see in West Cork St. Mary must play Junior A HC Final this Sunday & Junior A FC s/final 3 days later on the Wednesday night, sure I suppose the players just have to 'get on with it' 🙄

The fixtures arent 'set in stone', afaik Bride Rovers game got moved back, Ballygarvans game got moved back. I see in West Cork St. Mary must play Junior A HC Final this Sunday & Junior A FC s/final 3 days later on the Wednesday night, sure I suppose the players just have to 'get on with it' 🙄

Moved back to when?

The Barrs played last years football semi final 4 days after playing the quarter final, yeah get on with it

Moved back to when?

The Barrs played last years football semi final 4 days after playing the quarter final, yeah get on with it

Back to next weekend.

That shouldnt have happened, because it did doesnt make it right, imo - they lost that game right? Bet the players were 'really' happy with having to play so soon or do they matter at all...if memory serves me right they were down a few players to injury aswell for the 2nd game, players that probably began training months before hand in preparation for Corks Premier Football c'ship, only to be made play 2 games in 4 days, no wonder we are where we are.

Back to next weekend.

That shouldnt have happened, because it did doesnt make it right, imo - they lost that game right? Bet the players were 'really' happy with having to play so soon or do they matter at all...if memory serves me right they were down a few players to injury aswell for the 2nd game, players that probably began training months before hand in preparation for Corks Premier Football c'ship, only to be made play 2 games in 4 days, no wonder we are where we are.

Of course it shouldn’t happen but it does, you didn’t hear us moaning about it, that’s the price of success, at least now with the split season clubs know when they are playing, that certainty was never there

Agreed. Very strange take on it from the other poster.

Aghabullogue beaten by 7 goals today in Intermediate HC q/final, a competition that they were on the final of a few months back - system is a joke for smaller dual clubs, grand for the likes of Douglas, St. Finbarrs etc - well done to them for trying to do their best at both & best of luck next week in the football

Last edited:
Aghabullogue beaten by 7 goals today in Intermediate HC q/final, a competition that they were on the final of a few months back - system is a joke for smaller dual clubs, grand for the likes of Douglas, St. Finbarrs etc - well done to them for trying to do their best at both & best of luck next week in the football

Sounds like the Aghabullogue players disgraced themselves and their club hurling wise today. Well done me arse.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼