The Action Plan for Housing.

Looks like he's rinsing developers for a payoff.

Ireland hasn't changed much since the 1980's it seems.
Well the report tonight should force change. Hopefully a law change that allows prosecution for what these Callaghans were up to (obviously it won't be retroactive) but perhaps put in a screening process to exclude spurious objections, like John Callaghan in Meath objecting to a 74 house development in Watergrasshill. Mad stuff.

TÉ Investigates: The Planning Trap is broadcast tonight at 9.35pm on RTÉ 1 Television and on the RTÉ Player.

The self-styled NGO withdrawing planning appeals for cash​

Using covert recordings, RTÉ Investigates reveals how two individuals are making mischievous planning appeals against residential and industrial developments.

The appeals are withdrawn once payoffs are received from property developers.

In one instance, a payment of over €50,000 was made in return for the withdrawal of an appeal against a multi-million-euro commercial development.

In another, a property developer who would not provide a pay off ended up having his plans to develop 74 homes delayed for almost a year.

Over the course of six months, RTÉ Investigates tracked their activities.
However, RTÉ Investigates also followed the journey of another developer, who has had to deal with John Callaghan - David Hogan from Co Cork.

Mr Hogan has not paid the Callaghans, but this comes at a high price — his planning permission for 74 houses in Watergrasshill, Co Cork is still held up by an appeal submitted by the Callaghans 11 months ago.

001f3d76-614.jpg

Developer David Hogan refused to offer payment to the Callaghans
In that time, he has had plenty of interest in his development including from Katelyn Cotter and Aidan Keegan.

"We found the perfect place here. And I suppose we were hoping that it would be started already," Ms Cotter said.

"If I had not been impeded by the appeal situation, I could now be handing the keys of the new home to a couple like Aidan and Katelyn and off they go. But they're blocked, just like me," Mr Hogan said.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cast
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼