Teddy Mac RIP

🤔
Walsh was a mediocre footballer tbh.

I make no comment of the justice or otherwise of the 1990 subs selection - I was living abroad at the time so I just have no basis for a view on it.

However, in previous years I considered Walsh to be a player with a heart of a lion - the most important thing, you need those fellows - and well recognized by Cork Football supporters in those years. I recall in the second half of the '88 Munster Final when whoever was marking Liston (Liston still then a massive physical challenge) got injured - if I recall correctly it was Corrigan who was marking him - the Cork crowd were yelling for Walsh to be moved onto Liston ('cos we remembered how Walsh stood up to it before), and our wish was granted. Walsh was a small man compared to Liston, but yet able and willing to physically compete. A co-worker from abroad had gone to the match on his own just to see the sport, and the following day he came to me remarking about the confidence of the Cork supporters in Walsh despite the size difference.

My memory wouldn't be good enough for that JimmY!
I have been at more games than most, but I'm absolutely brutal at remembering the detail of them. My youngfella is the complete opposite, he'd regularly refer to scores or things that happened in matches years ago in detail, I'd remember being there and the atmosphere, weather etc. but thats about it!
I have the same problem and was at all those matches myself...getting old

I make no comment of the justice or otherwise of the 1990 subs selection - I was living abroad at the time so I just have no basis for a view on it.

However, in previous years I considered Walsh to be a player with a heart of a lion - the most important thing, you need those fellows - and well recognized by Cork Football supporters in those years. I recall in the second half of the '88 Munster Final when whoever was marking Liston (Liston still then a massive physical challenge) got injured - if I recall correctly it was Corrigan who was marking him - the Cork crowd were yelling for Walsh to be moved onto Liston ('cos we remembered how Walsh stood up to it before), and our wish was granted. Walsh was a small man compared to Liston, but yet able and willing to physically compete. A co-worker from abroad had gone to the match on his own just to see the sport, and the following day he came to me remarking about the confidence of the Cork supporters in Walsh despite the size difference.
🤔
Kevin Kehilly was the best man I've seen marking Liston.

At least you are better than soundman who said he was in the city end the day Ray cummins took pity on waterford in 82
and tapped the ball over the bar, The game was in thurles,.

Like Honky's memory between matches is certainly far from clear but I could've sworn I watched that with a pal of mine down the park. Must have been another drubbing handed out by Cork to wahfud back in the 1980s

Neither can I remember the exact year Cork fans were switched to the Blackrock End from The City End :unsure:
"Squash the guards, squash the guards....." :cool:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼