technics advice please

the connection in the red part of the jack is broken. do i need to take the whole deck to a shop to get it repaired (as the lead is inside the deck) or would it be an easy enough job to do if i bought the jack myself?

sorry if the terminology is wrong and it's not clear what i mean.

yours
technophobe.

Only if you have a soldering iron and you're handy with one.

You could easily repair the jack then, although the cable would be a bit cut shorter.

To do this properly they'd normally solder a new phono cable onto the inside of the deck.

If you know someone who can solder or an elec engineer, you could get them to do it, otherwise give it to the pro's.

Only if you have a soldering iron and you're handy with one.

You could easily repair the jack then, although the cable would be a bit shorter.

To do this properly they'd normally solder a new phono cable onto the inside of the deck.

If you know someone who can solder like an elec engineer or someone you could get them to do it, otherwise give it to the pro's.

nice one smithy. the pro's it is.

the metal bit on the red part.

The part on the inside or outside?

rca-cable.jpg

You castrated the poor thing, with those rough hands of yours.

Afaik you cant take the plastic casing off the technics cables, must have a gander.

you can't - will need a replacement - easy enough job to do but how the fuck did ye manage that in the first place? never seen that done before - I know the earth leads are a pain in the ass but braking an rca? Ham fisted bugger ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fireside Folk

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼