Stuff that grinds your gears

I hear ya man.
I am still trying to figure out when comfort, solutions or support are needed.

Offering solutions when comfort is needed will backfire on me,

Tis a fine art.

Hope all is good otherwise..
He came to me to help him with something then when I did,he went awol and fucking mental.
I'd have better off ignoring the situation. I always get grief cos I'm pretty quiet.
Doubt he'd treat another person the same.

He came to me to help him with something then when I did,he went awol and fucking mental.
I'd have better off ignoring the situation. I always get grief cos I'm pretty quiet.

Is he a good mate ?
I know it’s difficult but i’d one lad that i knew that annoyed the shite out of me with his behaviour.

I told him I wouldn’t be meeting up with him for a while and told him why. Awkward at the time but it was better for me to do it that way looking back.

Is he a good mate ?
I know it’s difficult but i’d one lad that i knew that annoyed the shite out of me with his behaviour.

I told him I wouldn’t be meeting up with him for a while and told him why. Awkward at the time but it was better for me to do it that way looking back.
I thought he was a friend till I saw this behaviour. I'm guessing we won't be speaking again in the future and that seems to be his decision.

Sorry to hear stuffy, I’m similar in that I’m quiet enough too. Have a friend who flies off the handle in general at me and others, seems to be highly strung. Very pushy, arrogant and egotistical when giving advice and if you don’t accept it, he gets insulting, had major arguments with him on nights out. Haven’t spoken to him in over a year.

Friends often become more hassle than what they are worth, especially as you get older.

Its rare enough to have a friend that lasts throughout your entire life. Priorities change, views and beliefs change, someone you might have liked or even admired in your twenties could become a pain in the ass in your thirties.

I've never stayed friends with someone for the sake of it or for sentimental reasons, if someone doesn't add value to my life then I move on.
Life is too short to dislike the company you voluntarily keep.

Friends often become more hassle than what they are worth, especially as you get older.

Its rare enough to have a friend that lasts throughout your entire life. Priorities change, views and beliefs change, someone you might have liked or even admired in your twenties could become a pain in the ass in your thirties.

I've never stayed friends with someone for the sake of it or for sentimental reasons, if someone doesn't add value to my life then I move on.
Life is too short to dislike the company you voluntarily keep.
Agree no point if it's hassle but the "added value" sounds a bit selfish. What if you can add value to their life with no extra hassle to yourself?
Maybe I'm just misreading what you are trying to say.....

Sorry to hear stuffy, I’m similar in that I’m quiet enough too. Have a friend who flies off the handle in general at me and others, seems to be highly strung. Very pushy, arrogant and egotistical when giving advice and if you don’t accept it, he gets insulting, had major arguments with him on nights out. Haven’t spoken to him in over a year.
Well I learned a major lesson today. I only texted him to see he was ok and I got a psychological talking down to like I was a worthless piece of shit. Maybe that's how some people get by but I'm not accepting it

Agree no point if it's hassle but the "added value" sounds a bit selfish. What if you can add value to their life with no extra hassle to yourself?
Maybe I'm just misreading what you are trying to say.....

The whole basis of a friendship imo is that both people enjoy the others company, that's what I mean by adding value.
If one side of that equation suddenly stops then it goes from being a friendship to something else, an obligation perhaps.

In other words if I don't view it as any extra hassle to be around someone then I obviously still view them as a friend and therefore they are adding value to my life.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼