Storm over nightclub that barred women 'for being too fat'

Storm over nightclub that barred women 'for being too fat'

A group of young women heading for a night out together were told they could not enter a club - because they were too fat.

Police officers were forced to step in and defuse tensions after the manager of the club allegedly told the group of about six women to 'go away and lose some weight'.

Georgina Mason, 23, said she was 'disgusted' at the way they were treated.

'The bouncers said we were not allowed in because we were too big,' she said. 'I told them not to be ridiculous.'

Miss Mason said she had demanded to see the manager of the Havana Club in St Helier, Jersey.

'He would not look at me directly but said they'd received too many complaints about fat people,' she said.

'He told me to "go and lose some weight before you come in - fat people are bad for business".

'I was disgusted,' she told the Mirror.

A group of 20 women have lodged complaints with the police and a Facebook protest page has been set up.

Manager Martin Sayers said he was 'deeply apologetic' but defended his ruling, adding: 'I am overweight myself. I did not do this to hurt anyone.'.

He said: 'We got a lot of people that I'd classify as morbidly obese and we were getting complaints.

'Business is not good at the minute and I was trying to protect my business.'

:smile: :grin: :smile: :grin:

You have to take a stand sometime like. Although letting them in and forcing them to dance for three hours would have gone some way to reducing their fat arses.:D

" we don't want no smelly badgers !

Head bouncer to guy on door over the radio : - code for stop that one there , can't stand the sight of her .

Been going on for years

He should just call his nightclub "No Fat Chicks"

Nobody could complain then. It would probably be good for business too I'd say.

pre-smoking ban, people would (rightfully IMO) treat those who smoked at a table when the rest didn't as a pariah and would usually express their disgust. so why does no one express their disgust when they see a fat person eating half the kitchen???

pre-smoking ban, people would (rightfully IMO) treat those who smoked at a table when the rest didn't as a pariah and would usually express their disgust. so why does no one express their disgust when they see a fat person eating half the kitchen???

Probably something to do with not being total cunts and unnecessarily upsetting people for no good reason.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼