Soccer - A joke of a game?

Stevie, that is one incident. And Quins are getting punished for that. Will Eduardo get punished? No he won't! FIFA might as well promote diving and other forms of cheating cause they are not imposing bans using after match analysis. The GAA and respective Rugby Unions use both these to impose sanctions on players. Why don't the respective soccer groups in what they like to think is the most professional game in the world?:rolleyes:

You do know that they are refusing to investigate the issue any further in case they might find out that other clubs also do it?

Plenty of other sports have had gambling scandals that I would consider far worse than players diving.

and you are getting all excited about a one-off incident between about of cockney thugs last night

Rugby is full of thuggery aswell

your point remains entirely invalid but i've got to go now i'll leave someone else field this

Ok I have attended Cork City games and stopped going because of the scraps and shite getting thrown between fans and they weren't one off incidents. Are you telling me there's not regular trouble involving Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd, Millwall, QPR, Lazio, Roma, Cardiff etc etc etc...... to pick a random few? My friend went to Liverpool v Juve a few years back and said it was the scariest experience in his life! A local Turin business man offering €1000 for every Liverpool fan stabbed to death and that made headlines at the time. It's bullshit. That's not a sport. Stevie tell me about the thuggery in rugby? I can see it now. Two men stabbed outside Cork Con? Thugs invade Pairc Ui Chaoimh? Thugs chant songs about a players recently deceased father in Thomund Park? Come on!!!!!

Why don't the relevant soccer bodies punish cheating and why do none of ye want to comment on this?

The game isn't a joke, it's the people that run it. Who caused the whole hassle over the fake blood injury? The manager. It's the same with players diving etc. Clough wouldn't put up with it. It's a shame others who've tried to emulate him but failed didn't start with his basics and work on.

and fingers in the bum at scrum time...spear tackles

There is about 10 million times more people play and watch football than rogby and more again than that of the GAA...if there are a couple of dives a week and obscene chants by a minority of clubs/fans that get scrutinised on tv than it still means that the reputation and integrity of the beautiful game is largely intact

Rugby has prob got more cheats per percentage of the population that play it.

The game isn't a joke, it's the people that run it. Who caused the whole hassle over the fake blood injury? The manager. It's the same with players diving etc. Clough wouldn't put up with it. It's a shame others who've tried to emulate him but failed didn't start with his basics and work on.

Just so we are clear I am a GAA man primarily so we don't need to keep referring to rugby. It seems ye are using rugby as some sort of scapegoat beacuse ye have a chip on your shoulder because it is seen as some sort of rich boy sport which just ain't true anymore! So again I am still waiting for someone to come up with relevant points and a decent argument on why I am wrong. One quick note as well about both sports when compared to soccer. At least with GAA and Rugby the physical side of things is kept between the players while the onlookers get to observe and enjoy the game. In soccer it seems the physicality sticks to the crowd who are intent on battering eack other and chanting offensive and racist songs and the "players" act like a pack of nancy boys falling over when a fella even steps on a shoe lace. Some sport to bring the kids to eh?:rolleyes:

and fingers in the bum at scrum time...spear tackles

There is about 10 million times more people play and watch football than rogby and more again than that of the GAA...if there are a couple of dives a week and obscene chants by a minority of clubs/fans that get scrutinised on tv than it still means that the reputation and integrity of the :rolleyes: is largely intact

Rugby has prob got more cheats per percentage of the population that play it.

Dont make me laugh. The only thing beautiful is their paypakets which are a joke as well by the way!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼