Soccer - A joke of a game?

I have always had my reservations about the enjoyability of soccer as a spectacle, now this I have always put down to my love for GAA and rugby, but after the last 24 hours I don't think that may be the case. Now before I get people off the various soccer threads abusing me I am only giving an opinion here.

Firstly, Soccer has always had it's hooligan fans, something of which I have yet to encounter at a GAA match in all my years attending and in Rugby it's just non existent. Last night what happened between West Ham and Millwall is a joke. Fellas getting stabbed, riots that police cannot even control and ape like men running around the pitch. Secondly, I just observed the incident in which Eduardo could have picked up an Oscar for his disgrace of a dive resulting in Arsenal putting the tie beyond reach for Celtic and cheating to do so. Now my point is soccers fans seem to be the roughest out there. And soccers players seem to be the biggest cheats out there. And on top of all this it is a game that can have a 0-0 scoreline. Can this even be called a sport anymore and if so why?

I reckon if more people bit each others ears off, and went off for fake blood injuries

I would get the love back

Stevie, that is one incident. And Quins are getting punished for that. Will Eduardo get punished? No he won't! FIFA might as well promote diving and other forms of cheating cause they are not imposing bans using after match analysis. The GAA and respective Rugby Unions use both these to impose sanctions on players. Why don't the respective soccer groups in what they like to think is the most professional game in the world?:rolleyes:

Stevie, that is one incident.

and you are getting all excited about a one-off incident between about of cockney thugs last night

Rugby is full of thuggery aswell

your point remains entirely invalid but i've got to go now i'll leave someone else field this

Jesus backs are up already. Don't read the thread if you don't like it. Christ if that's the only response I can get you must almost agree to some extent!

Stevie, that is one incident. And Quins are getting punished for that. Will Eduardo get punished? No he won't! FIFA might as well promote diving and other forms of cheating cause they are not imposing bans using after match analysis. The GAA and respective Rugby Unions use both these to impose sanctions on players. Why don't the respective soccer groups in what they like to think is the most professional game in the world?:rolleyes:

eye gouging anyone:rolleyes:its really a gentlemans activity

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sister Act The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

6th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

DJ Fadd Jnr

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼