So the HSE have banned..

Over a cup of tea and a chat this morning I was told that a carer here in Wexford, Im just visiting is no longer allowed to take her client in her personal car however should the clients guardian pay privately for the carer then they would be allowed.

Her employer told her this in the last week and finds that it is having a devestating effect on both her client and their family as all routines now need to change for the transportation of the client.

anyone know why they are no longer allowed to take their clients out when their main work is to intergrate into society and develop assisted living skills?

ta

Over a cup of tea and a chat this morning I was told that a carer here in Wexford, Im just visiting is no longer allowed to take her client in her personal car however should the clients guardian pay privately for the carer then they would be allowed.

Her employer told her this in the last week and finds that it is having a devestating effect on both her client and their family as all routines now need to change for the transportation of the client.

anyone know why they are no longer allowed to take their clients out when their main work is to intergrate into society and develop assisted living skills?

ta

If imagine it is to do with insurances, if her car is being used for work purposes then it would need to be insured for this. There's no way she is paying that premium, the private carers company may well be or at least it is their chance to take

ie. The world gone nuts!

If imagine it is to do with insurances, if her car is being used for work purposes then it would need to be insured for this. There's no way she is paying that premium, the private carers company may well be or at least it is their chance to take

ie. The world gone nuts!

oddly enough I asked the same question was it insurance and apparently not as she has the option to class 2 it which allows for occasional work purposes.

Shes mostly peeved at the HSE as they havent provided a reason, shes trying to find out from an advocacy contact she deals with but hasnt heard back so far.

oddly enough I asked the same question was it insurance and apparently not as she has the option to class 2 it which allows for occasional work purposes.

Shes mostly peeved at the HSE as they havent provided a reason, shes trying to find out from an advocacy contact she deals with but hasnt heard back so far.

No idea then! Seems odd alright, shame for the lady being cared for

I reckon that's the kind of thing that was probably always banned , but everyone turned a blind eye to .
HSE , might cover you and pay for you to travel to/from the clients home , but wouldn't have ever covered for ferrying the client around . You'd have to have a specific indemnity to the HSE on your policy before they'd cover that .

I wouldn't be surprised if some claim came in from somewhere that highlighted the grey area , and the HSE decided to make it Black and white .

One thing we can be sure of, there's a solicitor somewhere at the bottom of this.
Fucking idiotic.

You know that Solicitors can't just take cases out of thin air, right?

If there is a legal case at the heart of this it is because a person went to a Solicitor and instructed them to sue the HSE.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Comedy Club

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼