sligo murder,

This could be said about a lot of politicians, by I think it particularly applies to Helen McEntee -

She is some fucking idiot

She is a clown

'Helen McEntee has promised she is “determined” to see women able to walk the streets safely again'.

Nothing keeps women safe like letting repeatedly convicted sex offenders loose on the streets.

This is what happens when a nothing politician in on the family ticket is given a major government department.

Last edited:
She is a clown

'Helen McEntee has promised she is “determined” to see women able to walk the streets safely again'.

Nothing keeps women safe like letting repeatedly convicted sex offenders loose on the streets.

This is what happens when a nothing politician in on the family ticket is given a major government department.

What a dope.

I'm not following the carry on in Eastern Europe but she has made some fool of herself throughout it all.

Am I right in saying that she took in a refugee and then had second thoughts because the refugee didn't have a valid driving licence and would be stuck in the gaff all day?

Not even Dermot Morgan could have invented political satire that insane.

What a dope.

I'm not following the carry on in Eastern Europe but she has made some fool of herself throughout it all.

Am I right in saying that she took in a refugee and then had second thoughts because the refugee didn't have a valid driving licence and would be stuck in the gaff all day?

Not even Dermot Morgan could have invented political satire that insane.

She offered to take in a refugee but when push came to shove she backpeddled saying herself and her hubby are out all day so a Ukranian couldnt be left in the house all day, or something.

I think she thought they were housing a puppy.

She offered to take in a refugee but when push came to shove she backpeddled saying herself and her hubby are out all day so a Ukranian couldnt be left in the house all day, or something.

I think she thought they were housing a puppy.
Reminds me of a poster on here.

Era it wouldn't surprise me if they start trying to force people to take in refugees. Sure who needs property rights?

Reminds me of a poster on here.

Era it wouldn't surprise me if they start trying to force people to take in refugees. Sure who needs property rights?

This conflict could go on years.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of joined up thinking wrt where we are actually going to house Ukrainians.

Its all well and good to say give them your holiday home but I don't evisage Micheal Martin handing over his bolthole back west.

Anyways I think we can all agree that McEntee is a complete muppet.

This conflict could go on years.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of joined up thinking wrt where we are actually going to house Ukrainians.

Its all well and good to say give them your holiday home but I don't evisage Micheal Martin handing over his bolthole back west.

Anyways I think we can all agree that McEntee is a complete muppet.

Yep, like it's all well and good giving someone a room in your house, but do people realise they're not going to be going back to Ukraine any time soon? What happens in a year when you realise you're stuck with a Ukrainian family living in the spare room of the house you've saved up for years to buy?

I can see the attitude towards Ukrainians changing dramatically here tbh. It was all great fun when we were changing out Facebook photo to Ukranian flags and having pub quizzes in honour of them, but now that people are expected to put their money where their mouth is, it's a different story.

Only yesterday I heard the "we need to look after our own" line in a cafe on Barrack Street.

You'd be losing you shit if you were a refugee from Yemen.

Yep, like it's all well and good giving someone a room in your house, but do people realise they're not going to be going back to Ukraine any time soon? What happens in a year when you realise you're stuck with a Ukrainian family living in the spare room of the house you've saved up for years to buy?

I can see the attitude towards Ukrainians changing dramatically here tbh. It was all great fun when we were changing out Facebook photo to Ukranian flags and having pub quizzes in honour of them, but now that people are expected to put their money where their mouth is, it's a different story.

Only yesterday I heard the "we need to look after our own" line in a cafe on Barrack Street.

You'd be losing you shit if you were a refugee from Yemen.

Twould be more than your shit you'd be losing if you met a certain refugee from Sligo. ;)

I think we're fond of the darkness into light walk/donate to the Late Late a la carte charity.

Actually housing someone for what could be a number of years is a different kettle of fish. In a lot of cases you are dealing with people who are seriously traumatised. I wouldn't fancy it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼