sligo murder,

A stunningly tonedeaf response but completely standard for you.

Btw you shouldnt be calling me racist, just label me Islamophobic. Get your tired , off the point ad hominem attacks straight.

How anyone could suggest possibly the two most horrific murders in the recent history of the state shouldnt be newsworthy is daft. In fact its beneath contempt.

'Bloodlust'? Id say thats a pretty accurate description for someone who hacks another mans head off.

Sure theres loads of vigils, thats the story here.

Can you not see why there might be a vigil for this, or for Aisling Murphy, but not for the woman in Dublin who was killed by her daughter?

Can you seriously not see that circumstances impact the public response.

Speaking of which, I wonder if soundy is still apoplectic at the lack of information on that case, or does he now realise that anyone with a brain could have read between the lines and seen it was matricide...
I take it as a given that people are outraged by this murder, as they should be by all murders.

These vigils are a new thing, in part driven by social media I reckon. Were there vigils after the Alan Hawe murders? We were all repulsed by his actions but I don't recall nationwide vigils after it happened.

As for the Dublin murder, yeah the daughter is being held over it and I think there are mental health issues involved in that case.

I stand over my comment yesterday that the Panini lad won't be able to use the mental health angle because of the amount of planning and forethought involved, any more than Islamist terrorists would be able to use insanity as a plea.

A stunningly tonedeaf response but completely standard for you.

Btw you shouldnt be calling me racist, just label me Islamophobic. Get your tired , off the point ad hominem attacks straight.

How anyone could suggest possibly the two most horrific murders in the recent history of the state shouldnt be newsworthy is daft. In fact its beneath contempt.

'Bloodlust'? Id say thats a pretty accurate description for someone who hacks another mans head off.

Sure theres loads of vigils, thats the story here.
I didn't reference you at all.

I didn't suggest that these murders weren't newsworthy. There just isn't much news at the moment. All of the details will be revealed in full technicolour detail in time.

I take it as a given that people are outraged by this murder, as they should be by all murders.

These vigils are a new thing, in part driven by social media I reckon.

As for the Dublin murder, yeah the daughter is being held over it and I think there are mental health issues involved in that case.

I stand over my comment yesterday that the Panini lad won't be able to use the mental health angle because of the amount of planning and forethought involved, any more than Islamist terrorists would be able to use insanity as a plea.
Why is there such an issue on here with vigils though? No one is required to partake like, and it is fairly clear why people might think it appropriate in the Sligo cases but not for the Dublin case.

Planning doesn't negate the possibility of an insanity defence, but it makes it harder. It may not be an insanity defence per se though, it may be diminished responsibility.

I didn't reference you at all.

I didn't suggest that these murders weren't newsworthy. There just isn't much news at the moment. All of the details will be revealed in full technicolour detail in time.

Again you have offered no credible explanation as to why two reputable news outlets in the Times and the Mail were happy to go to print with the details that were available to them, whereas RTE , The Irish Times and the Examiner havn't touched it.

Are you suggesting The Times and the Mail were given information that the others wernt?

Its one thing to pat yourself on the back for attending some pointless vigil its quite another to not only ignore a whitewash but to defend it.

These men deserved better.

I don't get the bloodlust around all of this

"I demand to be told immediately that the victim was beheaded" "I deserved to know within 24 hours of the ethnicity of the suspect" bollockology.

It was the same in the Aisling Murphy case, people so desperate to be in the know that they almost caused an innocent man to be lynched.

All of the facts will come out at the trial. A good portion of this thread is the online equivalent of rubbernecking at a traffic accident.

There is absolutely no requirement that anyone apart from the guards know the identity of the suspect at this time. A conversation about his possible beliefs and motives can take place once they are known, but for now it seems that people want to speculate on it so that they can do the "Im not racist, but all of these people coming here are savages" routine.
You don't think if leading Muslim cleric(s) in this country are advocating the death penalty for homosexuals it is a discussion that needs to take place in this country?

I think that is what Dan is getting at as opposed to demanding his ethnicity, once the picture was taken it was pretty obviously he fell under a cohort that potentially would have been influenced by the above.

You're too busy arguing with people because you see racism in their posts or a bit of whataboutery, without actually looking at the big picture.

And even if the actions of the guy was not influenced by Islam teachings it is still something that needs to be addressed.

Again you have offered no credible explanation as to why two reputable news outlets in the Times and the Mail were happy to go to print with the details that were available to them, whereas RTE , The Irish Times and the Examiner havn't touched it.

Are you suggesting The Times and the Mail were given information that the others wernt?

Its one thing to pat yourself on the back for attending some pointless vigil its quite another to not only ignore a whitewash but to defend it.

These men deserved better.
Yea I have. An innocent man was nearly lynched at the last high profile murder case in this country.

I am not suggesting that they had information that others hadn't. I am suggesting that some media outlets felt it inappropriate to report on that at this time.

These men deserve to not have their names used by some guy on the internet to justify his morbid curiosity, which is all this is.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sander Van Doorn
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

Underground Loft

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼