sligo murder,

I am not saying that those things don't need to be addressed. I am saying that we should wait and get the facts before rushing to address them.

What if it turns out that this man's has a psychotic delusion and thought that the men he murdered were werewolves? (based on an actual case, I am not comparing gay men to werewolves!). Then all of the "bloody Islan is responsible for this" or "bloody refugees are responsible for this" stuff will have been entirely without merit.
I don't know, sometimes it is better to air these concerns while the iron is hot, would you think the whole plethora of issues discussed during Aisling Murphy's death would have gained the same traction if someone said lets wait to see what the trial uncovers?

Whether this was a case of him suffering psychotic delusions or being exposed to Islam teachings or whatever in a way is beside the point. It is an opportunity to have the above discussion while people are emotive about the issue as opposed to when this has died down come the trial, because a senior cleric spouting that bullshit needs to be called on it and this provides a perfect opportunity.

Yea I have. An innocent man was nearly lynched at the last high profile murder case in this country.

I am not suggesting that they had information that others hadn't. I am suggesting that some media outlets felt it inappropriate to report on that at this time.

These men deserve to not have their names used by some guy on the internet to justify his morbid curiosity, which is all this is.

How was it 'inappropriate' to report the information given to them? (Presumably by the Garda).

Do you think the editors of the Times and Mail are guilty of inappropriate reporting?
How do you arbitrarily define what is suitable for publication? Surely that is the responsibility of a free press?

If anything I think the Irish news outlets that deliberately held back information available to them are guilty of editorialising on a story that is very much in the public interest.

And using 'some guy' as if it lessens the validity of my argument is very lazy. Are we to infer that as a woman your opinion on this holds more worth? Thats actually pretty weak Matlock.

Last edited:
Yea I have. An innocent man was nearly lynched at the last high profile murder case in this country.

I am not suggesting that they had information that others hadn't. I am suggesting that some media outlets felt it inappropriate to report on that at this time.

These men deserve to not have their names used by some guy on the internet to justify his morbid curiosity, which is all this is.
You're assuming that was because of the media reports, it is far more likely some local(s) saw a bunch of squad cars accompanied by the armed response unit pull up outside his house and put two and two together. Also social media played a huge part which is outside the control of the mainstream media or the guards. How did that one get the info about Anna Kriegels killer to stick his photo up on social media, it wasn't from the guards or the newspapers, Ireland is a place where someone will always know someone else's business, it really is hard to keep a major issue secret.

Tullamore is a small place all the locals would have had what they thought was the inside track, any media reporting and resulting information (albeit ultimately false) was only of direct interest to people outside the locality and none of us was likely to make the journey to Tullamore to administer "justice"

You're assuming that was because of the media reports, it is far more likely some local(s) saw a bunch of squad cars accompanied by the armed response unit pull up outside his house and put two and two together. Also social media played a huge part which is outside the control of the mainstream media or the guards. How did that one get the info about Anna Kriegels killer to stick his photo up on social media, it wasn't from the guards or the newspapers, Ireland is a small place.

Tullamore is a small place all the locals would have had what they thought was the inside track, any media reporting and resulting information (albeit ultimately false) was only of direct interest to people outside the locality and none of us was likely to make the journey to Tullamore to administer "justice"

It bears no comparison anyhow.

The originaL suspect in the Murphy case was released without charge.

Palani has been charged with a double murder. The sheer barbaric nature of the crimes should provoke debate. Instead a majority of news outlets have decided to shy away from the story and selectively report the details.(one can only assume on the basis of the accused's background).

Far from being appropriate its a sad indictment of journalistic standards in our national media.

Are we so cowed ideologically that these debates have to be conditional?
Easier to hold a load of vigils and tut tut about generalised homophobia.

Last edited:
I am not saying that those things don't need to be addressed. I am saying that we should wait and get the facts before rushing to address them.

What if it turns out that this man's has a psychotic delusion and thought that the men he murdered were werewolves? (based on an actual case, I am not comparing gay men to werewolves!). Then all of the "bloody Islan is responsible for this" or "bloody refugees are responsible for this" stuff will have been entirely without merit.

How-oooooooooooooooo dare you!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼