Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Better than Aoife Christy Moore who was on about the profound effect Bloody Sunday had on her, more than a decade before she was born.
🙄

If you think that Bloody Sunday didn't have an impact on the psyche of people born and reared in Derry even well into the 1980s and 90s one can only conclude you've never actually been to Derry.

It is possible that an 11 or 12 year old would have memories of the hunger strikes, it would have been in the news for
8 months, In the book review it states MLMD spoke at FF ard fheis in 1998, I didnt know that,

I'm surprised that a non-member would even get to a FF Ard Fheis, much less speak at one. :unsure:

I wonder what membership number Fianna Fail had allocated to MLMD?

I'm surprised that a non-member would even get to a FF Ard Fheis, much less speak at one. :unsure:

I wonder what membership number Fianna Fail had allocated to MLMD?
She was a member of FF in 1998.
From what I have read she was being primed for a Dáil ticket in FF.
That was my last FF Árd Fheis but it was definitely par for the course to showcase committee of 15 candidates, national executive members and those potentially running in local or Dáil elections, especially if they were articulate young women - so it is easily within the bounds of possibility she spoke at the 98 árd Fheis.

She was a member of FF in 1998.
From what I have read she was being primed for a Dáil ticket in FF.
That was my last FF Árd Fheis but it was definitely par for the course to showcase committee of 15 candidates, national executive members and those potentially running in local or Dáil elections, especially if they were articulate young women - so it is easily within the bounds of possibility she spoke at the 98 árd Fheis.

What was she doing there then? ;)

Two Lord Mayors of Cork died at the hands of the British. One was shot dead, and the other starved himself to death in Brixton Prison.

Both these outrages happened over a century ago. Both still have a deep impact on the psyche of many Cork people.

I get the whole thrust of this thread regarding SF, but to somehow claim that just because something happened some time ago it is of no consequence to those who were born after the fact makes a mockery of how past events shape current opinions.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Mashed Potatoes

Old Oak, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼