Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

Jesus H Christ …..

Poor Pollyanna Barry has gone all in here …. from the safe surrounds of his little suburban Cork bunker. I don’t know where to start. I couldn’t be bothered fully dissecting it.

For a start, yes the training is picking up in the 16-18 yo and the 50 yo+ bracket, as that’s all they have left. I’m sure they’ll all be lucky to get the 3 or 4 weeks training like the rest of the poor Ukrainian conscripts. The armaments are coming in dribs and drabs, each round of supply (when you delve into it) is weaker than the previous one. And the Russian economy (even the FT, the WSJ, and the Economist grudgingly admit) is chugging along nicely. It’s Europe that’s in the toilet.

And as for all of this planned regime change in Russia, it increasingly looks like wishful thinking of the most fanciful kind.

Poor Pollyanna Barry and his sheltered suburban surmisings. His little dreamworld … God bless him 😆
Europe is in the toilet? :D 🤪

And look at you talking about Ukrainian troop training when Russia is actually using prisoners straight out of the penitentiary. Is there another army on earth that does that? This is the world's second (or rather, according to you) third most powerful army?

Pollyanna yourself.

Europe is in the toilet? :D 🤪

And look at you talking about Ukrainian troop training when Russia is actually using prisoners straight out of the penitentiary. Is there another army on earth that does that? This is the world's second (or rather, according to you) third most powerful army?

Pollyanna yourself.

Actually it’s the Wagner group that takes them out prison. It isn’t a bad idea and it’s more common than you think. Those prison lads who volunteer are already hardened and tough and the military life gives them a chance to straighten themselves out.

I spent time in the FCA here in Ireland. People can laugh at it but it was over the course of 4 or so years and as much time as you could do without joining the regular army. I was selected for NCO training before it fizzled out for me. It takes no time at all to figure out who around you has got the toughness and who’d actually make a good soldier. It’s not a popularly contest, social graces mean fuck all in the army, and it’s nearly a bonus if they can barely spell their own name. If the shit were ever to really hit the fan, I’d see no problem with going up to Cork prison and weeding the place out …

I maybe be wrong but I thought Zelensky released prisoners with military experience to fight, I think it was at the start of the invasion.
Yes, in April. Less than 400 volunteered, after vetting, only with military experience and not sentenced for "heavy" paragraphs.

Not like ru, who is taking worse scum, rapists, cannibals etc and putting them into the grinder.

Actually it’s the Wagner group that takes them out prison. It isn’t a bad idea and it’s more common than you think. Those prison lads who volunteer are already hardened and tough and the military life gives them a chance to straighten themselves out.

I spent time in the FCA here in Ireland. People can laugh at it but it was over the course of 4 or so years and as much time as you could do without joining the regular army. I was selected for NCO training before it fizzled out for me. It takes no time at all to figure out who around you has got the toughness and who’d actually make a good soldier. It’s not a popularly contest, social graces mean fuck all in the army, and it’s nearly a bonus if they can barely spell their own name. If the shit were ever to really hit the fan, I’d see no problem with going up to Cork prison and weeding the place out …
Soldiers require discipline and obedience to orders. Hardness is nice, but if it is primary or even necessary, then what about all of the soft people the Russian army has been calling up.

Anyway, people don’t get sent to prison because they are disciplined or prone to follow orders. Do they? 😂

(Speaking of staying up all night posting, what is it, like 2 am there right now?).

Spend a few days in the FCA.

Thinks he's John Rambo.

Don't do drugs kids.

That's just another area where I know more than you m8.

Don't cry about it.

I doubt that. Check some of my previous posts. I was going to OT on my todd by my mid teens. Cup nights, European nights home and away … all of this before Nick Hornsby book (the start of the end of football for me), the PL, and the descent into the plastic contrived marketing gimmick that English club football is now. I gave it all up in 1999. You’ll never know what I know about actually following Man U. I’m sure though you’re fast n loose on the # MUFC twitter feed, the footie bantz and a great Glazer customer Donnie ….

*the patch is of Russian Military Reconnaissance

========================

Putin is a mastermind! He really knows how to motivate others to work:

========================

The ambulance from Kharkiv is on display in Luxembourg:

========================

a short video from the volunteer from the 131 volunteer reconnaissance battalion:

========================

309-jpg.4366020

Most of Lviv is without energy today. Russian performed another missile strike, this time they used 70+ projectiles. Apart from Lviv, the critical infrastructure in Odessa is also damaged.

I doubt that. Check some of my previous posts. I was going to OT on my todd by my mid teens. Cup nights, European nights home and away … all of this before Nick Hornsby book (the start of the end of football for me), the PL, and the descent into the plastic contrived marketing gimmick that English club football is now. I gave it all up in 1999. You’ll never know what I know about actually following Man U. I’m sure though you’re fast n loose on the # MUFC twitter feed, the footie bantz and a great Glazer customer Donnie ….

*hic*

Not at all. haven’t had a drop since St Stephens as I’ve been collecting my daughters in town each night. And as you can see, my carefully worded prose was pitch perfect as usual. The best thing last night was highlighting Pollyanna Barry’s preposterous dreamy post. What a coddled individual. I don’t want to pick on Baz - but he just screams convention. He probably generates his geopolitical ideas on the focking golf course.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

UCC Music Recitals

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼