Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

Actually it’s the Wagner group that takes them out prison. It isn’t a bad idea and it’s more common than you think. Those prison lads who volunteer are already hardened and tough and the military life gives them a chance to straighten themselves out.

I spent time in the FCA here in Ireland. People can laugh at it but it was over the course of 4 or so years and as much time as you could do without joining the regular army. I was selected for NCO training before it fizzled out for me. It takes no time at all to figure out who around you has got the toughness and who’d actually make a good soldier. It’s not a popularly contest, social graces mean fuck all in the army, and it’s nearly a bonus if they can barely spell their own name. If the shit were ever to really hit the fan, I’d see no problem with going up to Cork prison and weeding the place out …
Good way of solving the prison accomodation problem--use them as cannon fodder, Stalin never thought of that and his gulags were overflowing, but again he had enough cannon fodder without resorting to criminals!

Another one bites the dust

Alexei Maslov
, the 69-year-old former Russian army commander and tank chief, passed away suddenly on Sunday in a Moscow military hospital.

Mega

Maslov and Putin were set to meet hours earlier at the former general’s machine-building plant in Nizhny Tagil before Putin canceled the meeting unexpectedly and "at the last minute."

According to Daily Star, Maslov was criticized by both Putin and the Kremlin before his death for failing to produce enough tanks for Russian troops to use in Ukraine.

The outlet also reported that “nothing had been heard about Maslov's health problems” leading up to his sudden death, and Russia’s Federal Security Service has since formed an “investigative group” to investigate what happened.

Seems like cleaning the warehouses from the Soviet equipment. @Swanforthelough any idea what could be stored there?
After the collapse of the USSR the allied forces went on a spending spree buying up soviet era systems figuring out the inner workings of them and also for situations like this that Russia would want to pay a visit to Ukraine and the Baltics etc.

The Americans have warehouses full of SA8 defense systems and artillery. God knows what else.

Alexei Maslov, the 69-year-old former Russian army commander and tank chief, passed away suddenly on Sunday in a Moscow military hospital.

oh, he is sleeping now, like an angel 🤩

After the collapse of the USSR the allied forces went on a spending spree buying up soviet era systems figuring out the inner workings of them and also for situations like this that Russia would want to pay a visit to Ukraine and the Baltics etc.

The Americans have warehouses full of SA8 defense systems and artillery. God knows what else.

yeah, we are trying to get some list of what is there to have an idea what to expect :) The warehouse clean-up in other countries is on the full speed now, wondering what type of toys Liz was hoarding there :)

I remember in the 1980s as a teen reading about the Ka-52..how it was the next generation of super manouverable helicopter designed to dogfight other helicopters and shoot down apaches etc.

All the defense analyst publications seemed terrified of it and its potential.

Its been a dismal failure in this war.
I dont know it its just a bad system or just bad tactics.

In fact the one thing jumping out at me about the air war over ukraine us the lack of an air war over ukraine.
Deffo lessons to be learned for the next war.
The Russian air force a complete no show in this war ! Lack of morale? Lack of training? p[oor tactics? Obsolete equipment? or superior Uk air defences and systems? perhaps a combination of all. Western Defence analysts must be dumbfounded by the utter ineptitude of the Russian Air Force

I dont know it its just a bad system or just bad tactics.

596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼