Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

You're actually too brainless for words.

NATO is not just a defensive pact against Russian aggression, but that still didn't excuse Putin being a c**t and invading Ukraine.

Now can you point out any evidence to support your claim that I said "it was all NATO's fault" or are you just going to rely on your lies to try make some silly point or other in your head?

And while you're there - do you think native people do or do not have the inalienable right to defend themselves against aggressive imperialist invaders?

NATO is not just a defensive pact against Russian aggression, but that still didn't excuse Putin being a c**t and invading Ukraine.

Why do you feel the need to express this nearly every single time?

Someone could put up a post about Appalachian Mountain accordion music and you would somehow link it back to Britain's historical oppression of Ireland.

Sorry to break it to you but this State has no quarrel with Britain as to the status of the 6 counties.

This thread is about the failed Russian genocidal imperialist invasion of an independent neighbouring State.

Sinn Fein spent years cosying up to Russia and Putin and all the file deletions in the world won't change that.

Forget poor Soundy - MLMD or any other SF public rep have barely mentioned the war in Ukraine since the days immediately following the invasion and go out of their way not to mention Russia or Putin's murderous war when talking about energy/cost of living crisis.
They can't speak up for Russia as they did in prior years but any criticism is fairly muted, to the point of silence!!

If it was say America/NATO that invaded a neighbouring country, they'd be camped outside the US embassy with the banners and loudhailers.

Why do you feel the need to express this nearly every single time?

Someone could put up a post about Appalachian Mountain accordion music and you would somehow link it back to Britain's historical oppression of Ireland.

Sorry to break it to you but this State has no quarrel with Britain as to the status of the 6 counties.

This thread is about the failed Russian genocidal imperialist invasion of an independent neighbouring State.

You highlighted "but that still didn't excuse Putin being a c**t and invading Ukraine." and asked the above.

I express it because particular morons here have tried to paint me as somehow a fan of Putin and in favour of, or at the very least excusing, the invasion of Ukraine. Which of course I did not do, but there's plenty here like to twist the truth in order to spin their particular narrative. Know what I mean Stacey? :cool:

Now can I ask you, do you think Russia's imperial aggression in sending their army into Ukraine was right or wrong, and do you think the Ukrainians have a right to defend themselves by force of arms?

1 Just because you can't seem to grasp it, doesn't mean it's irrelevant. NATO have been warned for years by many strategists not to try to include Ukraine. The notion that NATO exists just to prevent Russia from invading them is risible and akin to saying the US only has nuclear weapons because Russia has.

2 A puppet Ukraine would obviously be the buffer for Russia rather than having NATO tanks right on the Russian borders. If NATO was to attack Russia across the European plain in a conventional war then their having to first transverse Ukraine would give Russian troops more time to prepare defences.

3 Looks like they might get their wish now

4 America's problem with Cuba was they thought it was going to be the first domino and that many other geographically close to US countries (within nuclear missile range at the time) would come under similar influence. The fact taht technology now has nuclear missiles able to reach anywhere on the planet made it a crisis of its time that has since been overtaken

5 The former and current governments of Ukraine were both democratically elected afaik. Both had/have overseen internal conflicts within Ukraine where innocent civilians have been killed, ever before that c**t Putin's tanks rolled across the border. It's a bit silly to try paint one as a purely benevolent regime and the other as purely evil. The truth is in between.
But Putin was wrong wrong wrong to invade and it has polarised the situation dramatically.

6 The Ukraine of itself posed little or no threat to Russia. NATO in Ukraine right on the border of Russia is a completely different situation though. And anyone with a shred of intelligence knows that. Unfortunately for the Russian people, Putin has gone all-in and it's looking like he's not going to win long term

What an absolute embarrassment you are.

There is a cohort who can't get past their politics on Ukraine. Azov battalion or not. NATO encroachments or not. Nothing justifies invasion ever. Ukraine must he preserved in territorial integrity. Otherwise imperial expansion, which is what Putin is doing in a 21st century context, would be rewarded and justified.

I simply don't understand how some on the left choose their politics over right and wrong.

There is a cohort who can't get past their politics on Ukraine. Azov battalion or not. NATO encroachments or not. Nothing justifies invasion ever. Ukraine must he preserved in territorial integrity. Otherwise imperial expansion, which is what Putin is doing in a 21st century context, would be rewarded and justified.

I simply don't understand how some on the left choose their politics over right and wrong.
Indoctrinated ignorance or simply plain stupid.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Love N' Dirt

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼