Robert Lewandowksi - one of the world's best?

^^^^
what he said (y)

Benzema was always a high-class operator and an outstanding pivot & facilitator for those attackers around him.

But his numbers have gone through the roof since the start of the 2018/19 season

He went from a league goal every 2.17 games before, compared with a goal every 1.5 games since.

Did anything significant happen at Real Madrid in summer 2018?

Benzema was always a high-class operator and an outstanding pivot & facilitator for those attackers around him.

But his numbers have gone through the roof since the start of the 2018/19 season

He went from a league goal every 2.17 games before, compared with a goal every 1.5 games since.

They beat Liverpool in the CL final?

I can't recall m8 :)

Lopetegui getting the Madrid job while preparing for the WC with Spain and getting subsequently sacked before Spain even kicked a ball in Russia?

Benzema is the most complete CF in world football and it's been that way for years, his numbers would be even more impressive if he took penalties and FKs before CR7 left

He'll get his Ballon d'Or when France win the WC in 6-7 month time :)

Saw that yesterday - you'd think they'd remove Nedved and give it to Titi in 2003, the Czech was brilliant but Henry was at the top of his game that year

1998 - If we're gong to give it to someone who won the WC then I'd probably give it too Deschamps or Thuram instead of Zidane

Have Figo in 99 instead of Rivaldo

Have Zidane as the 2000 winner instead of Figo

Have Rivaldo ahead or Roberto Carlos in 2002

Not sure i'd have Falcao in 2012

Rest of the list looks fine, i keep thinking Robben and Drogba deserve to be squeezed somewhere too but finding it hard to remove other players from the 'updated' list
🤔
Raul Gonzalez deserved it in 2000 and 2002. Criminal that he didn't win either year imo!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼