RIP Arthur's Day

The hysteria about it this year was unreal - the report the morning after, including the interview with the ambulance controller for Dublin, reflected the reality: he said it was no worse than a usual saturday night in Dublin and that, in terms of violence and accidents, the All Ireland weekend before had been far, far worse.

Exactly, it was ridiculous. I have no interest in it, but if people want to go out and celebrate some makey-uppy day and have a few pints, who cares?

I wonder where the Cobblestone Wankers are now.

Probably at home watching the Simpsons or having a quart in the pub.

I imagine though they get frequent flashbacks to that bizarre, impulsive, animalistic mickey yanking and I have no doubt they shudder each time.
I imagine they hit the Valium each year as that day of shame approaches. Or maybe, just maybe they embraced it and are now fuck buddies. Who knows, it's a funny ole world.
I often wonder about those lads.

But then the pun, one of the few things I like about it, wouldn't work

Arthur's Day is always on A Thursday

If it does go ahead next year they should try and change the day of the week it's held on.

Thursday night with students about is a bad mix and is giving it bad press.

A Friday or Sunday might be better.

It should be banished, have you seen their wheelchair ad ? That drink like others has probably been responsible for putting alot of people in wheelchairs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼