Renua

That's not what they're suggesting, though.

In fact, it's not even related to what they're suggesting.

Ah yeah, I wouldn't vote Renua in a fit.
Seen that sort of hypocritical Catholic I'm alright Jack greed first hand.

I think I'm not representing myself well here at all given my position in different threads.

I believe there's an amount of gurriers that are appalling citizens in the working class and the upper middle class. I view both as enemies of the other 90%.

My belief in having a market is because I think it works far better than a central command that you can only influence through being part of a vested interest group. As an individual, within the first system, I've no more nor no less say than the next person.

I support lots of central govt activities as part of maximising opportunity for health and happiness here. It's when they get into what race course or business they're deciding to support that I get pissed off. EI do a bit of this as well but I think that works quite well and the govt make a profit on it so how bad.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/renuas-flat-tax-policy-takes-hit-374418.html

Renua Ireland leader Lucinda Creighton’s 23% flat tax policies lay in tatters just hours after she launched her party’s manifesto.

It emerged that the Revenue Commissioners have said a flat tax rate of double that would be needed to replace all PAYE and USC income. It was confirmed that to deliver the same income for the State, while exempting salaries under €15,000, a flat tax rate of 46% would be necessary. The Revenue figures were contained in a reply from Finance Minister Michael Noonan to a parliamentary question.

Last October’s budget projected income tax (including USC) of €19.16bn for 2016, suggesting Renua’s flat tax would see a €9.5bn shortfall in the State’s coffers. Renua insisted any gap in the Exchequer figures would be recouped by a stimulus effect, while the flat tax would “damage the black market”.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/renuas-flat-tax-policy-takes-hit-374418.html

Renua Ireland leader Lucinda Creighton’s 23% flat tax policies lay in tatters just hours after she launched her party’s manifesto.

It emerged that the Revenue Commissioners have said a flat tax rate of double that would be needed to replace all PAYE and USC income. It was confirmed that to deliver the same income for the State, while exempting salaries under €15,000, a flat tax rate of 46% would be necessary. The Revenue figures were contained in a reply from Finance Minister Michael Noonan to a parliamentary question.

Last October’s budget projected income tax (including USC) of €19.16bn for 2016, suggesting Renua’s flat tax would see a €9.5bn shortfall in the State’s coffers. Renua insisted any gap in the Exchequer figures would be recouped by a stimulus effect, while the flat tax would “damage the black market”.

Poor Lucinda, I see she was promising to scrap the Leaving cert as well. Some operator.

Is Bradford lying low during the launch? He'll probably pop his head up if they get off the ground which looks highly doubtful now. I know one of their candidates he'd tell you one thing today and tell you the complete opposite tomorrow and that's before he entered politics.

Eddie Hobbs is their "financial guru" behind this cock-up.

This is the lad who said that we would be at "peak oil" now with oil at $250- $300 a barrel.

Oil is currently at $35 dollars a barrel

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Colin Geddis - Overkill
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼