Renua

I think anyone with the good of this country even remotely in the neighbourhood of their hearts or brain tend to give a little shiver at their idea of a flat rate of tax for EVERYONE (23% I think they said).

No thanks lads.

I think anyone with the good of this country even remotely in the neighbourhood of their hearts or brain tend to give a little shiver at their idea of a flat rate of tax for EVERYONE (23% I think they said).

No thanks lads.

You'd have to be earning around 70k for that to save you money in tax. Of course if you're earning 100k+ your on a gravy train with biscuit wheels, baby.

If you're on the minimum wage you'd be fairly screwed when your tax bill goes from a few hundred to €4600 overnight.

Renua are nothing more than aspiring glove puppets of corrupt millionaires and the Catholic church. A right wing no brains required party! One party this country can do without!

Renua are nothing more than aspiring glove puppets of corrupt millionaires and the Catholic church. A right wing no brains required party! One party this country can do without!

I'd be amazed if my Co founder isn't in it. Seems a carbon copy of his politics.

In saying that, I agree with flat taxes, would save us money in medium term on the parasitic classes here, accountants and lawyers.

I'd be amazed if my Co founder isn't in it. Seems a carbon copy of his politics.

In saying that, I agree with flat taxes, would save us money in medium term on the parasitic classes here, accountants and lawyers.

How do you work that one out, pray tell? Or by "us" are you referring to people in double the average industrial wage?

Did you ever pay back the dole money you were entitled to?

How do you work that one out, pray tell? Or by "us" are you referring to people in double the average industrial wage?

OK, so, what happens currently is that people who can afford accountants will avail of the loopholes and schemes to avoid as much tax as possible. They save a bit, the professional classes make a bit.

A system with NO schemes and you are obliged to pay a % of your gross income is simple and I think we'd get more (and fairer) tax even allowing for rebates or making 10k income tax free.

I do think people not paying anything in income tax is wrong. Just on principle.

OK, so, what happens currently is that people who can afford accountants will avail of the loopholes and schemes to avoid as much tax as possible. They save a bit, the professional classes make a bit.

A system with NO schemes and you are obliged to pay a % of your gross income is simple and I think we'd get more (and fairer) tax even allowing for rebates or making 10k income tax free.

I do think people not paying anything in income tax is wrong. Just on principle.

That's not what they're suggesting, though.

In fact, it's not even related to what they're suggesting.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼