Recipe help??

I reckon they will have used a Welsh rarebit style topping. You need to get hold of some pale ale, something like Oxford Gold or Spifire so that the flavour is subtle, it certainly doesn't have a beery taste.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3660/the-cheese-society-welsh-rarebit

Instead of following this exactly though I'd make the roux with a good bit of butter and only a teaspoon of flour and cut down the milk a bit too. Adjust the seasoning to your liking, if you want it more cheesy then cut down the worstershire sauce and use dijon instead of Colmans.

During the summer I was in Albert Dock in Liverpool and went for dinner in a really nice restaurant, for one of the starters they had baby button mushrooms in cheddar cheese. The cheese was SAVAGE it was runny but still identifable as cheddar cheese and not a cheese sauce.
I've looked everywhere for a recipe but all i can find is stuffed mushrooms. Im worried if I bake them that the cheese will solidify. Any suggestions?

I will check with the sister if she has any idea.

Thanks very much everyone...they turned out nice but I'd still prefer the proper recipe, cheers Rutty if you can check it out no hassle if not. MrG was happy out anyways :)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼