Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

I thought piper was very good in it. Anderson only OK. I think it just shows the hubris of those people who think they can fob off the public whenever they wish. Remember all this was before he paid the 12 million. And yet he is starting to appear on royal occasions far more often since. Bizarre. The brits are a strange lot.
P. S. Bertie Ahern showing up on our screens far too often lately, so we can't be too precious about it.

Civil War

I was looking forward to this one as the trailer looked promising, unfortunately all the good bits are the trailer, I kid you not, in between the bits from the trailer was this boring story of four journalists trying to get to Washington D.C to interview the President during a 'Civil War' between the breakaway States of California and Texas and the rest of the US.

It did start to pick up a bit in the last 20 mins when they joined the Western Forces storming Washington and then the White House but, like I said, all the good bits are in the trailer, a lack lustre
2/5

Civil War

I was looking forward to this one as the trailer looked promising, unfortunately all the good bits are the trailer, I kid you not, in between the bits from the trailer was this boring story of four journalists trying to get to Washington D.C to interview the President during a 'Civil War' between the breakaway States of California and Texas and the rest of the US.

It did start to pick up a bit in the last 20 mins when they joined the Western Forces storming Washington and then the White House but, like I said, all the good bits are in the trailer, a lack lustre
2/5
I was waiting for that, is there a stream? Didn't see on my Fstick.

One night in Millstreet. 9/10

A superbly enjoyable and entertaining 80mins of Cinema. it'll be on RTE at some stage be sure to tune in.

They get all the fight footage..They get a cast of characters in Steve Collins, Chris Eubank, Noellie C, Tony Quinn, Paul Howard and Barry Hearn who can talk and are willing to talk at length

it gets an additional point for the millstreet crowd shots and the sheer improbabilty of how it the sky bandwagon landed there.

It was brilliant

Free Solo

Finally got around to it on Disney +

A documentary about Alex Honnold climinb 900m up El Capitan without a rope.

A difficult one to score.

The Climbing sections are astounding. If I had watched it in Imax i would have barfed. they're 9/10

The rest of the movie focuses on his new ish relationship with his Girlfriend.

They are both quite nice even if he is nuts, but i really didnt need to see them going buy a fridge. those bits are 2/10.

The New York Times said something like the solo climb of El Capitane is the greatest feat of athletic Achiement of all Time. And watching the Movie it's hard to disagree.

Overall its 6/10

Last edited:
Crazy Rich Asians.
Romantic comedy about a poor Chinese American girl dating a guy who turns out to be from one of the biggest families in Singapore.
The film is like a cross between love actually and four weddings and a funeral and includes every famous Chinese person you've ever seen on television in the last 10 years.
Had the wife in tears at the end so her score was 10/10
As romantic comedies go it was above average and very watchable.
6/10

Anatomy of a fall.
I wish I could have taken every member of this cast including the fucking dog, pushed them out of the window then gone down to where they had landed and clubbed them to death with a baseball bat and then called the police and admitted everything.
2.5(hours)/10

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

24th Aug 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

From Source To Sea

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼