Pubs that are no more in Cork

Happy days in The Swan. I was sorry to see it go. Certainly an institution for those of us from the Northside
The Roundy House hasn't changed all that much other than become a bit more gentrified.
Ah Hickey's - a lot of the time the red background lighting was most appropriate ;)
Trying to remember Cliffords though I might have known it as something else :unsure:
Clifford’s across from the roundy

( ref same a great ol madhouse- bill Clifford was a gent)
Swan was brilliant for returning exilesveach Christmas
Old roundy had a total different clientele 😅😅)
Cubicilo was another and there was another on Winthrop st I can remember but not the name

Cubicilo was another and there was another on Winthrop st I can remember but not the name
I was up north and wasn’t in the roundy for 10 years- or in Cork for 7 plus and in walks my best mate Kevin Jones( Easons hill)
Was in the states and Oz for years

All I heard was “ FFS you’re still here?”
No words 😅😅😅safe to say his ol doll left us at it after an hour of reminiscing and boring the life out of her

I was in there once on a Christmas pub crawl from work I think. Didn't know the name over the door but it was a spit-and-sawdust-on-the-ground kinda place. Where that jewelry shop is on the corner.

I remember the Cubiculo alright. Went through a few names before closing its doors.

Can't quite remember any other boozer on Winthrop Street other than the valley. Speaking of which I can remember Humphry (God be good to him) vaulting the bar when a few of us started singing down at the back. He didn't bar us or anything because we were regulars but he left us in no doubt that there would be NO singing in the Long Valley. Was in there recently and Jimmy Crowley and a few fellow musicians were in pride of place lashing out various songs (including The Boys of Kilmichael) while Humphry's son was behind the bar. And the pints are a lot better in there too. Changed days.

Remember old roundy rough AF

I was in there once on a Christmas pub crawl from work I think. Didn't know the name over the door but it was a spit-and-sawdust-on-the-ground kinda place. Where that jewelry shop is on the corner.

I remember the Cubiculo alright. Went through a few names before closing its doors.

Can't quite remember any other boozer on Winthrop Street other than the valley. Speaking of which I can remember Humphry (God be good to him) vaulting the bar when a few of us started singing down at the back. He didn't bar us or anything because we were regulars but he left us in no doubt that there would be NO singing in the Long Valley. Was in there recently and Jimmy Crowley and a few fellow musicians were in pride of place lashing out various songs (including The Boys of Kilmichael) while Humphry's son was behind the bar. And the pints are a lot better in there too. Changed days.
Stopped by an RUC patrol in Derry
90 s
( illegal taxi- aka bandit)
Cop -name -;;;;
Address- 33 rathkeale way - Creggan
( obviously heard my accent)
Before that?
35 Rathkeale way( mother in laws)
Before that ya southern cunt?
8. Benevenagh gardens
Creggan
( fuming at this stage- him)

Before that smart ass?
13 Moorewalk
Brandywell
He exploded as I wouldn’t give him my DOB( not obliged them - just the standard over 21 bud)
What fuckin part of the south are u from
Cork- says i

“ know your an illegal driver- na says I
That’s my cuz in the back pissed
I’m dropping him to the waterside ( home)

“ I was in Cork last summer, loved it”
Yeah says I bet u fuckin did
Named the long valley
Anything unusual about the place says I?

Yeah the guy behind the bar looked a bit like Hitler- well I could have choked 😅😅😅
Says I” going again next year ?”
Not fucking telling you boy says he with a smile

But fair dues for a cunt he wasn’t a bad cunt
Let me on my merry way

PS they were all my addresses
And in 8 Benevenagh gardens
Atm is another Corkman
Ex prisoner ( republican)
Originally from Cushing place
Faranree
Neil Hegarty

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼