Pubs reopening June 29th

Maybe it's just me but since my late teens early 20s I've not taken it as a great badge of honour to be able to loft 10 pints in four hours and it not knock a tap out of you tbh.

There's a regular in a few pubs around town who drinks pint bottles of Bulmers by the neck, and is known to put away upwards of 15 pint bottles in a sitting.

He used drink in Nanas, and one day Donie the barman kept all his empties behind the bar. He filled a crate and a half with empty bottles just from this fella

I couldn't even drink one pint bottle by the neck, the acid would be something else.

There's a regular in a few pubs around town who drinks pint bottles of Bulmers by the neck, and is known to put away upwards of 15 pint bottles in a sitting.

He used drink in Nanas, and one day Donie the barman kept all his empties behind the bar. He filled a crate and a half with empty bottles just from this fella

I couldn't even drink one pint bottle by the neck, the acid would be something else.
15 bottles at say €6 a bottle is €90 a night. If he's a regular he's doing that 3 or 4 nights a week?

Thats about €400 a month on cider!

An awful lot of drinkers are just going to cut out a few pints altogether,go out less and drink less as a 10c increase by Diageo including taxes on a pint is probably the straw that broke the camels back after increases over the past year.

It is ultimatly self defeating by the breweries as younger drinkers have many options one of which includes not going to the pub at all.

You now can get a very decent bottle of wine in Aldi or Lidl for about only €8

Publicans will take a huge hit in custom.

1711469743097.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼