Pubs reopening June 29th

I don’t know the ends and outs of the arrangement.
He just told that the drink is 8% cheaper if he pays with his golf card
Than if he uses cash or taps

Not making huge profits is hardly "subsidising." In my experience, subsidising would be where the club would sell the beer for a price below what they paid for it. I think they just use volunteer staff and also don't make huge profits. They use the proceeds of the bar to help with the overall running costs of the club.

From some website that I couldn't be arsed linking to: It is against the law to reduce the price of alcohol at specific times of the day. This means that ‘happy hours’ are against the law in Ireland. Other drinks promotions and special offers are illegal including: Loyalty card programmes that reward customers for buying alcohol Promotions that allow for alcoholic drinks to be sold at a reduced price or given away for free when bought alongside other products Short term price promotions where the price of an alcoholic drink is reduced for a period of less than 3 days
Michael McDowell introduced the happy hours ban when he was Minister for Justice in the mid-2000s. He wanted to encourage a 'continental' approach to drinking. All a bit out of kilter for a politician seen to be on the right of the spectrum on economic issues. The policy should be reversed.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼