Pubs reopening June 29th

Sin É is a significantly better than The Mutton after work on a Friday - at least until the trad starts at which time a crusty wearing patchwork dungarees holding a bate guitar tells you in an English accent that he's "Keepink vah twadition of Oir-wish music al-oive, maaaan!"*

Then it's time to go to The Corner House. Head back to Sin É after the trad finishes.

*This genuinely happened to me in Sin É.

Sin É is a significantly better than The Mutton after work on a Friday - at least until the trad starts at which time a crusty wearing patchwork dungarees holding a bate guitar tells you in an English accent that he's "Keepink vah twadition of Oir-wish music al-oive, maaaan!"*

Then it's time to go to The Corner House. Head back to Sin É after the trad finishes.

*This genuinely happened to me in Sin É.
Unreal pints of Guinness in The Corner House, the last time I was in there

Sin E certainly is a gem if you can get a decent seat. I can't hack the place when it's mobbed.

The Shelbourne just up the road is also nice for a daytime pint. I sometimes stop in if I'm on an early train back from Dublin

The UCC Christmas party thing is taking place tomorrow, always a wholesome event

Apparently it's a ticketed affair on Barrack Street this year with no queueing allowed, and there'll be a heavy Gardai presence around.

It's a mad sight to behold. Loads of drunk young ones in their miniskirts and knee high boots falling around suburban areas at 10am on a weekday.

I'll probably head for a walk at around 10am just to make sure that everyone is behaving.

The UCC Christmas party thing is taking place tomorrow, always a wholesome event

Apparently it's a ticketed affair on Barrack Street this year with no queueing allowed, and there'll be a heavy Gardai presence around.

It's a mad sight to behold. Loads of drunk young ones in their miniskirts and knee high boots falling around suburban areas at 10am on a weekday.

I'll probably head for a walk at around 10am just to make sure that everyone is behaving.
Pj will have something to stir the anger with,

I see the Mutton Lane are doing it as well, which is very surprising

€6 a ticket, open at 9am, and 3 pints of Fosters for €12.

I haven't been in the Mutton in a while, but they sell feckin Fosters now?!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼