Pubs reopening June 29th

Seventy Seven/77 is not far off I imagine!
Driving past about 10pm last night and still workers there, they are pushing for this weekend I would say.

I wish them the best of luck.

They'll need it, taking on titans such as Benny in a very busy Cork market.

As an aside, how shit is Washington Street? I don't think there's a single pub I'd drink in down there, including Costigans.

North Main Street is far better, particularly The Vicarstown and the Black Dog (formerly BDSM).

I wish them the best of luck.

They'll need it, taking on titans such as Benny in a very busy Cork market.

As an aside, how shit is Washington Street? I don't think there's a single pub I'd drink in down there, including Costigans.

North Main Street is far better, particularly The Vicarstown and the Black Dog (formerly BDSM).
I do too, I look forward to heading in there, they shared a small teaser on their Instagram.
Still leaves a lot to the imagination.
Alibi is a nice spot on Washington street.

Mary Ryans on North Main street very underrated I feel only been in their once or twice, great vibes and mix of crowds.

I do too, I look forward to heading in there, they shared a small teaser on their Instagram.
Still leaves a lot to the imagination.
Alibi is a nice spot on Washington street.

Mary Ryans on North Main street very underrated I feel only been in their once or twice, great vibes and mix of crowds.

Mary Ryan's a fine pub and a lovely pint of stout. Very nice people working there too although they get the occasional norrie in so that's something to be aware of.

The prices are quite low for town which is what attracts them over the bridge I'd say

Apparently the one in Cork has had a hefty offer from a certain non-Cork individual
Don’t tell me it’s that langer McGregor!

I do like Benny’s bars to be fair with Sin é right up there up amongst my favourites in the city. I like that they don’t feel like a chain and each has its own identity with only a loose connection to each other.

I was in Canty’s and The Bodrán last Friday. I think The Bodhrán just shaded it on the night for atmosphere. There was a real local buzz in there.

I suppose it will eventually get like restaurants: you'll have the international chains like McDonalds, Burger King, Nandos, etc., the local ones like Supermacs, Hillbillys, Apache Pizza, and then the pretend ones who serve whatever Sysco delivered to them this morning as if they prepared it all by themselves.

And in parallel you'll still have the truly good, quality places that will continue to thrive.
There is normally trouble brewing in the tech sector when you start spouting on the proc D,
Lots of buzz words out there but no cash in the sector ,or in the immortal words of JR Ewing all hat and no cattle ,,
How bad will it be this time ?

Cork publicans are most definitely in the vanguard of what’s now being called the great untieing in the industry.we will be on a par with Munich in the near future.

There is normally trouble brewing in the tech sector when you start spouting on the proc D,
Lots of buzz words out there but no cash in the sector ,or in the immortal words of JR Ewing all hat and no cattle ,,
How bad will it be this time ?

There's no trouble in the tech sector, VMware are flying it sher

Speaking of VMware, isn't Artys a fine pub.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Woah! Mama!

The Nest at Coughlan's, Today @ 5pm

More events ▼