Pubs reopening June 29th

🤔
Why Honky?
We all know how alcohol has been hugely responsible for violence and misery in families in Ireland. Not only caused by alcoholics but also by selfish, irresponsible parents who spend large amounts on alcohol for themselves and ignoring the needs of their children.
Irish people have always had a troubled relationship with alcohol. I know there are a lot of sensible drinkers out there but the evidence of alcohol abuse has been clear to see for a long time now.
Longer opening hours do nothing to help the large number of families who are in financial difficulty or are victims of alcohol abuse.
This is my opinion. Some people agree with me and some don't. However, I'm sure you'll agree that the problems won't just disappear by ignoring them.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Alcohol Consumption in 2019 (in liters of pure alcohol per capita):​

1. Czechia - 14.26
  2. Latvia - 13.19
  3. Moldova - 12.85
  4. Germany - 12.79
  5. Lithuania - 12.78
  6. Ireland - 12.75
  7. Spain - 12.67
  8. Uganda - 12.48
  9. Bulgaria - 12.46
  10. Luxembourg - 12.45
Looks like Spain should be adopting Ireland's old licensing law according to Lees logic.
Let's get Germany and the Czechs closing their clubs at 2am as well.

:lol!:

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Alcohol Consumption in 2019 (in liters of pure alcohol per capita):​

1. Czechia - 14.26
  2. Latvia - 13.19
  3. Moldova - 12.85
  4. Germany - 12.79
  5. Lithuania - 12.78
  6. Ireland - 12.75
  7. Spain - 12.67
  8. Uganda - 12.48
  9. Bulgaria - 12.46
  10. Luxembourg - 12.45
Looks like Spain should be adopting Ireland's old licensing law according to Lees logic.
Let's get Germany and the Czechs closing their clubs at 2am as well.

:lol!:
🤔
You seem to have missed my point.

What's your point?
That Ireland is full of problem drinkers while Spain isn't.
Even after clear evidence to the contrary?
You deserters are all the same m8. Knock everything Irish and refuse to see any problems with your adopted country.
However Spanish doctors and medical professionals would beg to differ.
🤔
First of all I never mentioned Spain which isn't relevant to Ireland. I am commenting on Ireland which has historically had a lot of problem drinkers. Even a blind man could see it.
"Deserter"? That's total bullshit. I emigrated of my own free will. I didn't have to go. I had a decent job there. Furthermore, I don't knock everything Irish here or anywhere else.
I know that there are problems in Spain but what I've suggested here is that it's about time that the Irish government faced up to the Irish alcohol problem instead of ignoring it like so many previous governments.
Longer opening hours are not the answer imo.

🤔
First of all I never mentioned Spain which isn't relevant to Ireland. I am commenting on Ireland which has historically had a lot of problem drinkers. Even a blind man could see it.
"Deserter"? That's total bullshit. I emigrated of my own free will. I didn't have to go. I had a decent job there. Furthermore, I don't knock everything Irish here or anywhere else.
I know that there are problems in Spain but what I've suggested here is that it's about time that the Irish government faced up to the Irish alcohol problem instead of ignoring it like so many previous governments.
Ireland historically has a lot of problem drinkers? Compared to who and based on what? Ancedotal evidence? historical anti Irish propaganda?
By the way historically we consumed less per Capita in the past. It only rose during the Celtic tiger years.

The clear evidence of the chart is that we drink less then Germany and the Czechs and on a par with Spain. So therefore you're against the licensing laws in Spain and for that matter most of Europe? Otherwise you're a hypocrite m8.

🤔
Just because your Irish buddy Al took copious amounts of dumps in your bed after a night on the black stuff, no need to be bitter and tar and feather everyone with the same brush m8.

Ireland historically has a lot of problem drinkers? Compared to who and based on what? Ancedotal evidence? historical anti Irish propaganda?
By the way historically we consumed less per Capita in the past. It only rose during the Celtic tiger years.

The clear evidence of the chart is that we drink less then Germany and the Czechs and on a par with Spain. So therefore you're against the licensing laws in Spain and for that matter most of Europe? Otherwise you're a hypocrite m8.
🤔
Based on information provided by Irish people, working in Ireland and trying to deal with an Irish problem.
Anti-Irish propaganda my arse.
I suppose you think that Ireland was abstemious before the Celtic Tiger years do you?
So what if we drink less than other nationalities? They aren't our problem.
Finally, please try to debate without resorting to insulting expressions like "deserter".

Lads can we park our differences and all look forward to the celebration of DRINK that is the Guinness jazz weekend

I've booked Friday off work so I can go to the pub on Friday morning and get a good solid 4 days of DRINK into me.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

King K

Clancys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼