Pubs reopening June 29th

Original 7 brewery on North Mall have written to all their customers to say that they won't be increasing their prices.

How can a small independent brewery manage to deal with cost pressures when a massive company like Diageo can't?

Fair play, it's great to see our local breweries stepping up. 🍺

Ask Lads in Jameson how much they are getting paid on simple jobs, that will answer your question, I heard some nonsense figures for entry level jobs

Ask Lads in Jameson how much they are getting paid on simple jobs, that will answer your question, I heard some nonsense figures for entry level jobs

I wouldn't compare Jameson to a small independent local brewery like 07 or Rising Sons.

On the subject of pubs, I'm looking forward to going to Barbarella for a pint soon. Might go up after the weekend for a nice pint 🍺

Really looking forward to that pint I must say. 😋

I wouldn't compare Jameson to a small independent local brewery like 07 or Rising Sons.

On the subject of pubs, I'm looking forward to going to Barbarella for a pint soon. Might go up after the weekend for a nice pint 🍺

I was telling you why Diageo is raising prices, ask Jameson lads how much they make, for simpleton jobs

I found this earlier at home, from 2016.

It's interesting to me as it's basically a list of every pub in Cork at the time (every pub that had the sense to sell Irelands leading craft beer at least).

I can't say I know a lot of the pubs out of the city, but what struck me about the city pubs is how many still remain today, 8 years later. So is all this talk about pubs closing every week a load of shite?

And of the pubs that are gone from this list, how many have reopened under new names?

Another inconvenient truth for the VFI and the "death of the public house" shite.

Ah jaysus, what are the chances.

I rocked up to Barbarella there only to find that the place has closed down! Yesterday was the last day.

What! How long have they been open?

Adding a euro a pint seems to have back fired

They opened last year, I'm fairly sure it was on Culture Night whenever that was. There was a major rush to get it open for whatever event was on in Elizabeth Fort next door.

My understanding is that it has actually done pretty well, but it was just too much work for the people who took it on, as they opened another pub at around the same time and should probably have just focused on one pub instead of trying to run two.

I'm sure it won't be closed for long, there's a lot of potential there. It's a bit of a halfway house though, you'd stop off for a pint on the way to somewhere else, but I wouldn't spend a night there.

I don't think its a particularly nice or comfortable bar anyway tbh.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Laugh Gaff Comedy

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼