Pubs reopening June 29th

I'd say The Coog knew full well that the Long Valley closes early. Of all the pubs in Cork City he could have picked, he went to one that is known to close when it's quiet. And then he posts his outrage and an accompanying pic on his social media channels.

If he had gone to any other pub in town he'd have had nothing to complain about, and we can't be having that

Some neck on him - he put another nail in the coffin of Irish pubs and restaurants with his "they're all gougers" comments a couple of years ago". This combined with his constant harping on about his cheap pints in Lanza does the Irish pub no good at all.

I'd say The Coog knew full well that the Long Valley closes early. Of all the pubs in Cork City he could have picked, he went to one that is known to close when it's quiet. And then he posts his outrage and an accompanying pic on his social media channels.

If he had gone to any other pub in town he'd have had nothing to complain about, and we can't be having that
Are you suggesting everything online isn't above board and I've possibly fallen foul of a PJ masterstroke (although masterstrokes are more of the other fella's flavour.) I couldn't believe your implication that he's out to deceive people via a simple humble quest to find a pint.

Thing with pubs and people complaining about the inevitable closures is this. Unless you regularly support said pub either over the course of the week or most weekends, don’t go on Facebook lamenting a changing Ireland/ it’s all glass cages now/soulless super pubs or the usual hipster guff that people spew online.

Most pubs have 364 days in a year to make the venture worthwhile. They ain’t going to hang around on the off chance that you and the lads/girls expect you to be there when you make that yearly trip to your old haunt.

One one hand, it’s s sad to see businesses/institutions almost disappear, but the days of boozing for the sake of itare gone. Paddy is too interested in making money and looking good.

On the other, hopefully, the neglect that accompanied fellas sipping away the family income isn’t as endemic as it once was.
Can't afford to booze any more, feen. Been kicked out of the citay. And taxis are too expensive. I can still lament the passing of what was.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Apr 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Music At Midday

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 12pm

More events ▼