Pubs reopening June 29th

I was offered guest list for Judas Priest on Friday by a mutual friend of ours, but the price of a hotel in Dublin on the Friday of Paddy's was just insane. I'd say even the band found it pricy

I go to Dublin now for work and nothing else. Around once a month I book the 9pm train back so I can go for a few pints in my old local, but thats the extent of my contribution to Dublin’s nighttime economy these days
Heading to a gig up there in June, the same night one of the Taylor Swift gigs is on. Obviously hotels prices are insane. And I also couldn't be dealing with a bus full of Taylor Swift fans. I'm going to drive up and down and do without the few pints.

The pub we ended up in tonight didn't even do last call. Just started telling people to leave at around 12:15.

It was quiet enough and I suppose staff were just fed up after the weekend.

Not sure what the city centre was like but based on what I saw in the Douglas Street area, that was a shockingly quiet Paddy's weekend.

It seemed like the afternoons were busy, but places emptied then in the evening and didn't get going again.

The pub we ended up in tonight didn't even do last call. Just started telling people to leave at around 12:15.

It was quiet enough and I suppose staff were just fed up after the weekend.

Not sure what the city centre was like but based on what I saw in the Douglas Street area, that was a shockingly quiet Paddy's weekend.

It seemed like the afternoons were busy, but places emptied then in the evening and didn't get going again.
I was in the Washington street quarter for the match. It was very busy with mostly younger crowd but they all seemed we behaved, I’d imagine that changed later on in the night.

Moe paddies day always a bit quiter when Easter falls within 2/3 weeks of paddies ,that’s always part of it as well as falling on a Sunday as this affects short haul tourism because they don’t have the bank holiday , However it was a long week with Cheltenham and traditional racing pubs were heaving all week especially up around Coburg St so the week was ahead in the round , Demographics too,it was like two days in one ,you had the pubs clearing out at 6 to 8 and were rammed again by 9 with a younger crowd , A really nice week,no trouble or hassle anywhere and people in great form , The next 3 paddies days will follow that pattern and once it falls on a thur again you will see an uptick again as people will take the Friday off and travel ,it’s the same pattern with years We will have the events centre by then anyway .and visitors can reduce their beer miles by drinking locally produced beer ,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Dance (12A) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼