Premier Intermediate football 2021

Very tough on Kanturk a great dual club and almost won another county double credit to Newmarket the way they won it felt sorry for Aidan Walsh he ran himself into the ground in that second half ...what a great player of both codes he is. Best of luck in Munster to Newmarket...i enjoyed this match it was tough and tight great to see.

corofin will test them
you would imagine that a cork intermediate side will be favourites but corofin have some serious players including jamie malone who is an excellent intercounty player albeit he is coming back from injury

The 9th best team in Kerry faces the 25th best team in Cork if im right. Totally unfair.
Totally unfair but that is the fault of Cork GAA.

Our second tier competition should be called Intermediate - our 13th best team, Mallow would then be representing Cork and have a better chance.

In tipp they're renaming their 2nd grade in hurling, same teams etc but just calling it premier intermediate as opposed to senior B.
It will allow the winners play in Munster club championship at intermediate level.

It actually didn't go down well among the clubs, lots kicking up about losing their "senior" status. Bit of an ego thing. We're obsessed in Ireland about what label we have on us.

I think it's a huge advantage, a club could potentially end up playing in Croke park now. That would be some buzz for any parish. At moment if they win the county they just stop.
I'd much prefer be called intermediate and get a shot at playing in Croke Park, rather than be called senior and just drift along

AFAIK Dublin have a play off between the Senior b winners and the premier intermediate winners as to who represents the dubs in the intermediate grade.
Boherbue are at an even bigger disadvantage.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼