Port Said riots

I would assume there is a much wider political context to what we saw tonight.

The football was a sideshow. Cairo is lethal now, kidnappings rising etc. There is no one in charge, or rather everyone is in charge. The football was the side attraction here. People showed up for this first.

You've gotta love the beautiful game. Not many other sports in the world that this happens. BBC saying it was pre-planned between to sets of firms who have a reputation for this kind of thing. Not sure the current political climate affected it although it may have had an influence on not preventing it. Football, great sport

You've gotta love the beautiful game. Not many other sports in the world that this happens. BBC saying it was pre-planned between to sets of firms who have a reputation for this kind of thing. Not sure the current political climate affected it although it may have had an influence on not preventing it. Football, great sport

Oh ffs.

This is poor, liam.

Oh ffs.

This is poor, liam.

I'm only reading the BBC report,

'police in Egypt have been keeping a much lower profile since last year's popular protests' (as I said may have had an effect in not stopping it)

'Egyptian fans are notoriously violent, says our correspondent'

I'm only reading the BBC report,

'police in Egypt have been keeping a much lower profile since last year's popular protests' (as I said may have had an effect in not stopping it)

'Egyptian fans are notoriously violent, says our correspondent'

Maybe you should have read on to the end of the article so

They have been heavily implicated in confronting the police during recent political protests, our correspondent adds. There is speculation that the security forces may have had an interest in taking on al-Ahly supporters.

Meanwhile, the Muslim Brotherhood - which has emerged as Egypt's biggest party in recent elections - blamed supporters of ousted President Hosni Mubarak for the violence.

"The events in Port Said are planned and are a message from the remnants of the former regime," Muslim Brotherhood lawmaker Essam al-Erian said.

Yeah, completely removed from the political situation. There's 75 people dead Liam, and you'd expect many more to come over the coming days in what is one fucked up country. It's poor form out of you to be pointscoring over it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼