People who falsely cry Rape...

Should Women(and Men) who falsely accuse someone of rape receive a prison sentence? Given the detrimental effects to the victim of such odious accusations , where does the law stand?

Maybe there is already something in place but I have never heard of someone getting locked up .

Definitely not, we need to always believe the woman regardless because otherwise real rape victims will be reluctant to report it.

#Ibelieveher

Definitely not, we need to always believe the woman regardless because otherwise real rape victims will be reluctant to report it.

#Ibelieveher

Not so much believe the woman but accept her accusation (or men for that matter), believe implies that where someone is falsely accusing that it is accepted as a true accusation.

The counterpart to that should be that the name of the accused should be kept confidential unless proved guilty.

#Ibelieveher

I'm not talking about when there is a discrepancy, or one persons word against the other. I mean when it has been proven they lied.

Just saying I haven't heard of someone getting locked up in the same way they get locked up when it's proven they raped.

Just wondering as well of that guy who accused Louie Walsh. Wasn't it proven he lied? What happened to him!

The Law of perjury comes into force when false allegations are made. But the damage done to a falsely accused persons reputation is permanent. This may be addressed by seeking damages in a separate civil suit.
The lawyers are the beneficiaries mainly, as going to Law is an expensive business.

The other problem with a custodial sentence for false claims is that it might result in the false accuser not retracting the claim for fear of a sentence, so it could have a more damaging effect dragging out the situation until the accused has enough proof that they are innocent. It’s easier for a false claim to be retracted when there’s no recourse for making that claim. It’s a shit thing to do I’ll grant you, but the current set up is probably best right now, until every human gets tagged/implanted or something (which is another terrible idea).

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼