Paddy's Day Fever.....

tucker lyons said:
yeah..that manc bastard band Doves

tucker

Used to have to watch flight of the doves at least once a year.

My grandfather has a line in it - my mother's home town of Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo was used for filming.

Ha ha ha. I just found the following review of 'Flight of the Doves' on imdb.com

So bad it's awful, 21 May 2005
Author: jlon from Dublin

This is the standard the Irish film industry must improve on! DVD review.

Two children travel to the west of Ireland to see their grandmother.

Jaw-dropping bad movie detailing the journey of two kids from Dublin to Galway. Along the way they foil their nemesis Moody, escape easily from the Gardai, meet Eurovision star Dana as a tinker (traveller), and disguise themselves. That Patrick's parade sequence featuring the cast singing "You don't have to be Irish to be Irish" must be regularly screened in Nigeria. To think Ken Russell was making The Devils in the same year as this rubbish.

Flight of the Doves is awful.

Heh heh heh

Am in height of depression re: Paddys Day

Am in the office 9-5:30 then working all night in a bar. And considering Irish Bars are few and far between over here Im expecting to get rammed Reardens style for the entire night.

I 'aint easy being the only person who can pull a decent pint of Guiness in this city !

Poor me :(

Norry_Chick said:
Am in the office 9-5:30 then working all night in a bar. And considering Irish Bars are few and far between over here Im expecting to get rammed Reardens style for the entire night.

Surely thats a good thing !?!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peader O Callaghan

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼