Orlando nightclub shooting

Another massacre in the US. Still no confirmed reports of the shooters background or motivation but the authorities being interview seem to be hinting more towards the Islamic terrorism side of things rather than the crazy college kid side. Reports saying about 20 dead inside the club and many more injured and currently in hospital. Very sad whatever the story turns out to be. RIP

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...shooter-dies-after-florida-nightclub-shooting

Gunman was apparently armed with an assault rifle, a handgun and also an unidentified device. He had barricaded him in before the police performed a controlled explosion to distract him and then managed to shoot him. Club is called Pulse, a popular gay club in the city. Looks to be more likely an Islamist nut. Police will not confirm shooters details, or whether he is a US national or not but have said apparently ''hes not from around here'', which can be taken a few different ways.

The weird thing about all of this is how quickly people become desensitised to it. You almost expect a shooting to happen weekly now.

Poor souls. I hope it was quick.

The weird thing about all of this is how quickly people become desensitised to it. You almost expect a shooting to happen weekly now.

Poor souls. I hope it was quick.

Yup, to be honest I barely blinked when it came up on the news. Sad state of affairs when at least 20 people being gunned down innocently in a nightclub isn't shocking.

Where has it been said he was Islamist? He's more likely to be a Bible thumper down there.

Nowhere confirmed. Just the impression I got from the FBI guy and police officer talking to the journalists about an hour ago. He said something along the lines of them being under the impression he is of that ideology when asked about it but said they were waiting to confirm. The ''hes not from around here'' is strange also, doubt they mean he's not from Orlando. Either way it's sickening. Hope death toll doesn't rise more.

Police 'Chief' or something of that order hinted the killer 'might' be of Muslim background which they are almost obliged to say anyway to keep up the anti-Islam hysteria amongst some/many in US.

My guess would also be 'Christian' lunatic fundamentalist given the target(s).

A divided or splintered nation that seems to be in constant civil war where mass killings barely raise an eyebrow anymore.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Music At Midday

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 12pm

More events ▼