Once upon a time in northern Ireland

Watched this last night, the episode concentrated on the time of the H Block hunger strike, It featured three women,
Bernadette mcdonnell daughter of hunger striker Joe, The widow of an RUC man who was shot dead by the IRA as he left hospital after visiting
his wife and new born son, and the wife of Richard O Rawe an IRA prisoner,
I found O Rawes wife to be a very strong character, she didnt fit the bill of the wife of a prisoner, In those days the women were almost the property of
the paramilitaries, when going on a visit she would be instructed to smuggle in and out messages, During one visit her husband was going on about
the hunger strike and she said fuck The IRA, Fuck Thatcher,
Such a sad and futile time,

Watched this last night, the episode concentrated on the time of the H Block hunger strike, It featured three women,
Bernadette mcdonnell daughter of hunger striker Joe, The widow of an RUC man who was shot dead by the IRA as he left hospital after visiting
his wife and new born son, and the wife of Richard O Rawe an IRA prisoner,
I found O Rawes wife to be a very strong character, she didnt fit the bill of the wife of a prisoner, In those days the women were almost the property of
the paramilitaries, when going on a visit she would be instructed to smuggle in and out messages, During one visit her husband was going on about
the hunger strike and she said fuck The IRA, Fuck Thatcher,
Such a sad and futile time,
Infairness that said it all at how much of a cult SF/IRA is, that people would starve themselves to death for " the cause "

Just like those US religious head bangers

Richard o Rawe wrote a book in which he claimed after the 5th death an offer was on the table,
He said he discussed it with Bik Mcfarlane in their cell, He said BIK said the offer looked acceptable,
O rawe said the leadership outside rejected the deal, Bik mcfarlane denies he ever said the offer looked acceptable,

Watched the series when it was on BBC,was excellent all round,the last episode was really emotional,and brought all of the previous episodes together,a brilliant piece of documentary making on the subject

The loyalist dude who found out later in life that his mother was a Catholic wrote a book called "A Belfast Child" and is active on twitter. I actually messaged him once and got a reply.

He seems like he's pissed half the time, though, while incessantly plugging his book. lol

The loyalist dude who found out later in life that his mother was a Catholic wrote a book called "A Belfast Child" and is active on twitter. I actually messaged him once and got a reply.

He seems like he's pissed half the time, though, while incessantly plugging his book. lol

Is he the fella that split from his wife?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Open Mic

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼