Official Republic of Ireland 2022 World Cup Thread

Can’t see us getting a result tonight but we really have to get something. For the sake of faith in Kenny if nothing else. I’d go with a team like the following:

Travers

Coleman Duffy Clark

Doherty Molumby Hendrick Stevens
Knight

Robinson Connolly

3-5-2. Duffy is going badly but he’s the main threat from set pieces. The midfield is a bit of a problem is that they’re all pretty much the same, bang average, level. Bit of pace up front with support from Knight.

Can’t see us getting a result tonight but we really have to get something. For the sake of faith in Kenny if nothing else. I’d go with a team like the following:

Travers

Coleman Duffy Clark

Doherty Molumby Hendrick Stevens
Knight

Robinson Connolly

3-5-2. Duffy is going badly but he’s the main threat from set pieces. The midfield is a bit of a problem is that they’re all pretty much the same, bang average, level. Bit of pace up front with support from Knight.
Yeah, the table is really taking shape now with everybody on :lol!: points!

Also, what's with the h8 for Brady? He's clearly the most gifted of our experienced players, not saying much, I know!

Yeah, the table is really taking shape now with everybody on :lol!: points!

Also, what's with the h8 for Brady? He's clearly the most gifted of our experienced players, not saying much, I know!

Like I said, it’s not so much for the table but there’s pressure on Kenny already, a result is needed to give the players belief in what he’s trying to do. I’m a Kenny in man.

Forgot Brady to be honest. I’d have him behind the front 2.

And the actual team is in:

Travers, Coleman, O’Shea, Clark, Doherty, Cullen, Molumby, Stevens, Browne, Robinson, Connolly.

I think it’s a 3-5-2. Could be anything. Not so sure about the middle of the park but it’s a mobile team.

And the actual team is in:

Travers, Coleman, O’Shea, Clark, Doherty, Cullen, Molumby, Stevens, Browne, Robinson, Connolly.

I think it’s a 3-5-2. Could be anything. Not so sure about the middle of the park but it’s a mobile team.
Looks like 3-5-2 alright. Coleman as the RCB and Doherty at RWB, I assume.

What happened to thou shalt not divert from 4-3-3?

Looks like 3-5-2 alright. Coleman as the RCB and Doherty at RWB, I assume.

What happened to thou shalt not divert from 4-3-3?
It could be a 4-2-3-1 with Doherty on the wing with Robinson or Connolly on the left but the Twitter says it’s 2 up front so has to be 3-5-2 hopefully.

The latter fits the personnel we have. Not so sure about the middle of the park but anyone selected in there would have had question marks hanging over them. And as you say earlier I think Brady should start alright.

With respect for their previous contributions when wearing the green, a selection without Duffy, McClean, Hendrick, Brady and Long is a progressive one.

Looks more like a 3-5-2 with a solid three in midfield. Knight can make a contribution from the bench late on.

O'Shea, Cullen and Molumby may or may not struggle with the step-up, but there's only one way to find out. And regardless, they'll have a big future for us beyond tonight.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Crush Collective DJ Night

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼