Official Republic of Ireland 2022 World Cup Thread

I know the interest is low, but we might as well give it it's own thread.

The team that I would pick:

Travers;
Coleman, O'Shea, Clark, Stevens
Doherty, Cullen, Molumby, Knight
Robinson, Connolly

The team that I expect to be picked:

Travers,
Coleman, Duffy, Clark, Stevens
Browne, Hendrick, Brady
Robinson, Long, Connolly

Hard to be overly positive. Serbia have serious talent up front in Tadic, Vlahovic, Jovic, Mitrovic, etc. They are flaky enough, Scotland got a result there last November, but if they click it's game over.

I know the interest is low, but we might as well give it it's own thread.

The team that I would pick:

Travers;
Coleman, O'Shea, Clark, Stevens
Doherty, Cullen, Molumby, Knight
Robinson, Connolly

The team that I expect to be picked:

Travers,
Coleman, Duffy, Clark, Stevens
Browne, Hendrick, Brady
Robinson, Long, Connolly

Hard to be overly positive. Serbia have serious talent up front in Tadic, Vlahovic, Jovic, Mitrovic, etc. They are flaky enough, Scotland got a result there last November, but if they click it's game over.

Yeah - we've not been blessed with a stream of top class talent in last decade or so but teams above would make some of their predecessors look like superstars.
Kenny will take the rap but you could have Sir Alex, Pep and Klopp as a management team for Ireland now and we'd struggle to score a goal, never mind get a result!

Screenshot-20210324-105636-Twitter.jpg

https://twitter.com/_FeachNews/status/1374659102446653443?s=19

They have some stars and potential stars that we don't have, but you'd never know with them. They've humiliated themselves plenty of times too.

Hard to see a positive result but we can hope. I thought Serbia would be even stightly shorter than they are in the betting odds.

They have some stars and potential stars that we don't have, but you'd never know with them. They've humiliated themselves plenty of times too.

Hard to see a positive result but we can hope. I thought Serbia would be even stightly shorter than they are in the betting odds.

0-0 would be an outstanding result.

COYBIG - but I've never seen us so weak. Even the MON team looks like world-beaters beside our current setup.

Agreed.

We are in an awful state. Either of the two teams Shez put up are poor. We always had three or four world class players up to about 00, after that we still had some really good players in Duffer, Given, Robbie and Dunne (And Roy world class obv), now we don't even have top half EPL players outside Coleman.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..
More events ▼