Official Cycling Thread

For Dan, the real career achievements were those stunning endurance feats in staying in Maillot Jaune contention right up to the last days of a number of tours - with basically no team support, just hanging on with the scraps from other teams. There was definitely a Paris podium missed there for sure.

However, when you think of Dan Martin, you remember the big, booming, lung and gut-busting efforts in delivering his key wins. With the exception of Lombardia above, and maybe the win at the Vuelta in 2011, all of his big days seemed to be marked by the trademark all-or-nothing break on the last big climb.

My two favourites are the chasing down of Rodriguez during the savage spin up to Ans in LBL 2013:

and the glorious solo break this Spring in Italy:

Some of you lads might have come across this already. It's a long 'un, 2.5 hours, but I'm really enjoying it

It's a straight up interview, no clips or anything.

spectacular crash earlier
tiesj-benoot-of-belgium-and-team-jumbo-visma-lewis-askey-of-united-picture-id1380336822

Lads where is the best place to get a mountain bike serviced. I’ll need a few new components as there’s a bit of work in it.

The season has begun.... Paris Nice. The Jumbo Visma show comes to town. Top 3 in Stage 1.

No Alarm Bells ringing here, move along. No alarm bells. Nothing to see........

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼