Official Boxing Thread

She's phenomenal but not sure I agree on the last part. What she's achieved in the sport is mind-boggling but it is realistically a minority sport. Someone like Roy Keane who was one of the top players in the most popular sport in the world would stand out more to me. Suppose it depends on definition of greatest athlete ever too.
Sonia for me.

I agree with most of what you said with the knock down and the final score but she clearly won the fight so how could it be rigged? Because she wasn’t docked for holding? She was winning the exchanges when countering Cameron. The punch stats should show that. She was holding later on in the fight but only after successful exchanges and they were separated immediately and back to work they went. So it wasn’t enough for her to get docked imo. I think that Cameron could have been docked for rabbit punching in the first 3 rounds. The referee actually warned her 3 times about it.

Do you mean the fight was rigged because of thr 2 terrible judges scores? A draw and 92/98 was very suspicious. The fight should have been scored as a unanimous decision. The main thing is the better fighter won.
She did win to be fair. But she was significantly helped by the ref.

1. Knockdown not scored
2. Leading with the head every time
3. Holding at every opportunity. She was doing well in exchanges but knew that if she let it become an all out war she would have been on her arse. Not even a warning given.

If our Katie was on the receiving end of that decision we would be outraged. The commentators had her 5 rounds up before the first bell went.

She did win to be fair. But she was significantly helped by the ref.

1. Knockdown not scored - Agreed
2. Leading with the head every time - I Disagree here because she had to step in when she was attacking/countering. This wasn’t deliberate as both fighters were trading in close.
3. Holding at every opportunity. She was doing well in exchanges but knew that if she let it become an all out war she would have been on her arse. Not even a warning given. I’d have to agree here but she used her experience here because when she attacked she was having success and the clinch just became a natural part of the fight. Cameron wasn’t able to stop her from doing it. I call that using all your experience to stay in the fight. Yes maybe a point deduction should have been taken off.

If our Katie was on the receiving end of that decision we would be outraged. The commentators had her 5 rounds up before the first bell went.

I still think she did enough to win the fight by 1 round if:
The knock down was scored 10/8 to Cameron
A point deducted for holding
But a point should have been taken from Cameron for consistent rabbit punches. The ref actually warned her 3 times so all being fair the illegal blows would cancel out the holding .
And I gave it 3 rounds to Katie less the 10:8 would make it a one round win.

I’m not saying what I’m saying is gospel but trying to be fair in what I personally saw.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Danny O Leary Band
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

16th Mar 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Blue Steel

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼