Official Boxing Thread

Chantelle Cameron is on comms tonight for the Jake Paul fight and she said that they asked Katie Taylor for 10 x 3 minute rounds and was refused.
I think she's right to refuse. The WBC won't sanction it at the moment for example. Also I believe the science shows its far more dangerous for a woman to fight over that distance in comparison to a man.

Personally, I think the 10 x 2 minute rounds are perfect for women's boxing. The pace of the rounds is really high. As a spectacle it's better in the current format imo.

I think she's right to refuse. The WBC won't sanction it at the moment for example. Also I believe the science shows its far more dangerous for a woman to fight over that distance in comparison to a man.

Personally, I think the 10 x 2 minute rounds are perfect for women's boxing. The pace of the rounds is really high. As a spectacle it's better in the current format imo.

100% she’s right to refuse. Serrano tried that one also. They obviously see that Katie tires in the last 3 rounds. Outside of that the rules are. . . . . . . Let them be childish and say Katie is this or that. You can’t change a sport just because someone is brilliant at it and an additional 1 minute in a boxing ring is a different game altogether.

I said it before but I wish that she’d retire for her health being the no 1 reason.

An unbelievable day/evening of boxing ahead. I’ve never seen a card like this in boxing. The event will be carried by DAZN Pay-Per-View and TNT Sports Box Office or alternatively the dodgy stick from your mate, Dave.

From DAZN - DAY OF RECKONING​

Anthony Joshua collides with Otto Wallin and Deontay Wilder faces Joseph Parker to headline a historic fight night in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia live on DAZN Pay-Per-View. Stacked fight card also features Daniel Dubois, Dmitry Bivol and many more.

Event coverage: Saturday 23 December from 4pm

Fight Card for today
• Anthony Joshua vs. Otto Wallin; Heavyweight
• Deontay Wilder vs. Joseph Parker; Heavyweight
• Dmitry Bivol vs. Lyndon Arthur; For Bivol's WBA light heavyweight title
• Daniel Dubois vs. Jarrell Miller; Heavyweight
• Jai Opetaia vs. Ellis Zorro; Cruiserweight
• Filip Hrgovic vs. Mark de Mori; Heavyweight
• Arslanbek Makhmudov vs. Agit Kabayel; For Kabayel's European heavyweight title
• Frank Sanchez vs. Junior Fa; Heavyweight

An unbelievable day/evening of boxing ahead. I’ve never seen a card like this in boxing. The event will be carried by DAZN Pay-Per-View and TNT Sports Box Office or alternatively the dodgy stick from your mate, Dave.

From DAZN - DAY OF RECKONING​

Anthony Joshua collides with Otto Wallin and Deontay Wilder faces Joseph Parker to headline a historic fight night in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia live on DAZN Pay-Per-View. Stacked fight card also features Daniel Dubois, Dmitry Bivol and many more.

Event coverage: Saturday 23 December from 4pm
Friend of mine trained with Wilder said he was the hardest hitter he ever went up against

Friend of mine trained with Wilder said he was the hardest hitter he ever went up against
100% the most dangerous man while he’s still standing.

Parker absolutely pissed that and didn't have to do much to win the fight either. Wider was very poor and Parker very sharp
Honestly I called it how it played out. My son is 18 and mad on boxing and he was like “no way Joe will get caught”. I knew if Joe could stay away from that right hand he’d win. He has got good fundamentals whereas Wilder hasn’t. I’m delighted for him because he’s such a humble guy and delighted for Andy too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pierce Turner
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼