Official Boxing Thread

I'm looking forward to watching it tomorrow. I watched the weigh in yesterday and I noticed that Taylor looked physically a lot stronger than in the past, you could see it in her shoulders and traps.
Did you get to see the fight watboy and if so how did you score it?

She did win to be fair. But she was significantly helped by the ref.

1. Knockdown not scored
2. Leading with the head every time
3. Holding at every opportunity. She was doing well in exchanges but knew that if she let it become an all out war she would have been on her arse. Not even a warning given.

If our Katie was on the receiving end of that decision we would be outraged. The commentators had her 5 rounds up before the first bell went.

The scoring was wrong but no matter which way you chop it up the same conclusion is clear. She won the fight against a very very tough girl.

I don’t think she’d beat Campbell in a trilogy

What a fight, what a performance from both fighters! The scoring was a bit mad but ultimately I don’t think anyone can say the overall result was unfair Katie won that fight clearly. She’s such an amazing role model for kids and ambassador for Ireland. Without a doubt Irelands greatest athlete ever!
I think she proved to herself last night she still has a few more left in her.

Croke park has always been the dream and she’s gonna make it happen.

Eddie Hearne is a prick but I admire the way he keeps pushing Katie to the top she wouldn’t have had half the success without him. He gets the big shows done to be fair to him
I agree with both posts 100%

I honestly would prefer her fight Serrano as a swan song in Croker or else retire because if she loses in Croker she’ll probably end up fighting for longer.

Personally I would love to see her call it a day now. She had nothing to prove before this fight and she’s just gone and made history again. She doesn’t need Croker to cement her legacy as that’s already done. Croker is a wish list that I personally think she doesn’t need. She’s been in some wars and Eddie would have her out every week if he had the chance so her health and achievements are in tacked . . . . Please walk away 🙏

Last edited:
I agree with both posts 100%

I honestly would prefer her fight Serrano as a swan song in Croker or else retire because if she loses in Croker she’ll probably end up fighting for longer.

Personally I would love to see her call it a day now. She had nothing to prove before this fight and she’s just gone and made history again. She doesn’t need Croker to cement her legacy as that’s already done. Croker is a wish list that I personally think she doesn’t need. She’s been in some wars and Eddie would have her out every week if he had the chance so her health and achievements and in tacked . . . .

Please walk away 🙏

Ya I hear ya, at 37 she’s had more than enough big shots to the head.

I think the Croke Park fight is such a big one for her though, She wants to make history with this fight and she’s certainly earned that much.

Her and Serrano in Croke Park next summer is the fight and she should walk after that regardless of the result.

Ya I hear ya, at 37 she’s had more than enough big shots to the head.

I think the Croke Park fight is such a big one for her though, She wants to make history with this fight and she’s certainly earned that much.

Her and Serrano in Croke Park next summer is the fight and she should walk after that regardless of the result.
Would it sell out? 82k? The highest attendance so far has been 20k for a women's fight. There was still tickets still for sale on TM last weekend for last nights fight.

Would it sell out? 82k? The highest attendance so far has been 20k for a women's fight. There was still tickets still for sale on TM last weekend for last nights fight.

It’s hard to know, I think sell out would be a big ask but no reason she couldn’t potentially get 50k for a swan song with Serrano, maybe even the Avia would be a feasible option.

It’s hard to know, I think sell out would be a big ask but no reason she couldn’t potentially get 50k for a swan song with Serrano, maybe even the Avia would be a feasible option.
I think it’s hard to imagine, I know nobody who was at the fight, or would have wanted to be at it. That’s to take nothing at all away from KT, just hard to see how they quadruple the crowd all of a sudden.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼