No Parking = No City

Silly indeed. Have you not noticed the utterly empty City Centre in the Winter before C19? The twenty something boarded up shop on Patrick Street? I doubt if you have ever endured a Park and Ride. Rode a Train to the Library. Carried a TV from the SoundStore or O Callaghans, waited 50 minutes for a Douglas Bus or cycled on either Douglas Road. A taxi to town is €10, another €10 back. Yes, silly you.

Thats the point - the city needs a change to breathe life back into it, it is a dead duck as it stands but you want to persist with it. If the city is to thrive it needs to become a destination for shoppers, families, people eating, culture, events etc etc, not just burger joints and JD Sports

Persisting with the old city full of cars is not going to lend itself to any of that. I have been to many amazing cities, I don't ever remember thinking that the best thing about them was all of the cars, why is that?

Amazing Cities

I have been to many amazing cities, I don't ever remember thinking that the best thing about them was all of the cars, why is that?
Me too, and you know the answers surely. i.e. People live IN them, in affordable apartments. Public Transport that works. Good Weather which makes outdoor life possible almost year round. Great outdoor architecture. Think of any Plaza Mayor. Now think of Grand Parade.....
Cork weather is not suitable for outdoor life. Cork streets are not suitable for Cycling. City Hall are pursuing a suicidal path. This will not get better. It will reverse.

You continue to hide where you live and how often you bring your car to the City Centre during Office Hours.
O Casey's probably own the building. Unlike the two dozen retailers who have left their rented premises boarded up on Patrick Street. I have often looked in the windows of Caseys, notably seeing nobody in there.
Again Billy McGill has produced dozens and dozens of photos of an empty City Centre prior to Covid.

I will continue to do so as it is irrelevant. Now any chance you stop editing your posts and completely changing them. What has Casey's owning their building got to do with your false claim that you can't browse in the city centre? I gave you perfect example of where you can browse in the city centre.

Truth and Reconciliation

"I will continue to do so as it is irrelevant."

If it were indeed irrelevant to your views, why not simply declare the truth? Do you not trust our readers to decide for themselves if your location and frequency of parking in the Centre is germaine or not? Can someone living in say, St. Lukes or Barrack St. can have unbiased opinions about driving to town and parking? Casey's are in fact trapped by their ownership of the building. It is not sellable due to dropping prices. Due to the Lemming like abandonment of the City Centre. I edit posts in order to frustrate people who pay too much attention to me. Watching, Following, Replying. Stalkers essentially. Drives em mad. Some even take screenshots and post them. They seem oblivious that this reveals the obsession in all it's glory.

Last edited:
I will continue to do so as it is irrelevant. Now any chance you stop editing your posts and completely changing them. What has Casey's owning their building got to do with your false claim that you can't browse in the city centre? I gave you perfect example of where you can browse in the city centre.

He does that all the time.

I wouldn't mind so much, but the editing rarely if ever makes the post any better!

"I will continue to do so as it is irrelevant."

If it were indeed irrelevant to your views, why not simply declare the truth? Do you not trust our readers to decide for themselves if your location and frequency of parking in the Centre is germaine or not. Can someone living in say, St. Lukes or Barrack St. can have unbiased opinions about driving to town and parking? Casey's are in fact trapped by their ownership of the building. It is not sellable due to dropping prices. Due to the abandonment of the City Centre. I edit posts in order to frustrate people who pay too much attention to me. Watching, Following, Replying. Stalkers essentially. Drives em mad. Some even take screenshots and post them. They seem oblivious that this reveals the obsession in all it's glory.

You won't bully me into giving up my location on an anonymous forum.

Me too, and you know the answers surely. i.e. People live IN them, in affordable apartments. Public Transport that works. Good Weather which makes outdoor life possible almost year round. Great outdoor architecture. Think of any Plaza Mayor. Now think of Grand Parade.....
Cork weather is not suitable for outdoor life. Cork streets are not suitable for Cycling. City Hall are pursuing a suicidal path. This will not get better. It will reverse.

All those Scandanavians are going to feel like a right pack of tits when they realise they don't have weather suitable for out door life. Look at the dopes, using rain gear to protect them from the rain. Don't they know they shouldn't be outdoors?

3270966031_e94231aac9_z.jpg

You are right though the streets aren't suitable for cycling. We need to take some of the road/parking space and change them into bike lanes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Darts
Cantys, Pembroke St.

26th Oct 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

The Dolls House

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 11am

More events ▼